Showing results 1 to 25 of 163
Search took 2.95 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rita in MA
Forum: Quilting September 6th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 72
Posted By Rita in MA
Color test

Fun! I got a score of 11 in the 50-59 age range. Oddly, my weakness
was in the green to blue transition...my favorite!

Rita L.

Jane Kay wrote:

Linda posted this on the Quiltersbee list. I...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Rita in MA
would anyone be interested...

Just like all other responders on the list, I would be happy to send
Maggie some fabric squares but do not want to be part of a chain letter.

Rita L. in MA

Musicmaker wrote:
A young girl I know...
Forum: Quilting August 14th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Rita in MA
Bernina, Not just your stuffy old line company.

Am I missing a joke here? I tried this on two different browswers.
Great audio, but video ?????

Rita L.

John wrote:

here is a link to a very funny video by the head of Bernina USA that
makes...
Forum: Quilting July 28th 08, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Rita in MA
Quaker Steak and Lube - was:Theme for August?

Never heard of them myself but their web site does list one in Syracuse :-)

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

Rita L.

amy in CNY wrote:
On Jul 27, 4:06 pm, "Donna in Idaho"...
Forum: Quilting July 13th 08, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Rita in MA
Cream tone on tone fabric

What Patti said! Fusions are gorgeous in any of the gazillion colors
and prints now available.

Rita L.

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Hello!
I am looking for a good source for cream tone on tone...
Forum: Quilting June 11th 08, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Rita in MA
I need inspiration, please.

Ooohhh! I can do that, yes I can. I love pinwheels. O.K. My short
list is getting longer. I think I might just have to put these ideas in
a hat and just pull one out.

Thanks Pat!!

Rita L.
Forum: Quilting June 11th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Rita in MA
inspiration, please, beyond sloth

Hmmm... that has possibilities too. No seams to match! This one goes
on the short list with Musicmaker's suggestion.

I did consider Warm Wishes. I used it to make a HUG for a cousin who
was...
Forum: Quilting June 11th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Rita in MA
I need inspiration, please.

I know, everybody says this but, "THIS GROUP IS THE GREATEST!" Jo in
Scotland sent some ideas privately. The YBR idea certainly meets the
fast and easy requirement. While I was out doing errands...
Forum: Quilting June 11th 08, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Rita in MA
I need inspiration, please.

Hi,

I need/want to make a baby quilt for a newborn little girl. She is the
daughter of my SIL's sister. I would like something fast and easy using
these fabrics:
Forum: Quilting June 11th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Rita in MA
Postage Stamp Charm Swap.....

Hi Jo,

I have no interest in swapping, nor in 1 1/2" squares but I have tons of
them. Every year I renew my Keepsake Quilting membership and they send
me swatches. Since I have trouble throwing...
Forum: Quilting May 21st 08, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Rita in MA
Quilting on the Long Arm

Hi Sunny,

You're quilt is most probably lovely. You can't tell that because you
are standing too close :-)

I'm a bit concerned about your intending to "battle" the Gammill. They
don't like...
Forum: Quilting May 10th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Rita in MA
Starch substitute

Hi Jen,

I don't know about the Dryel starch substitute, but I have tried and
LOVE Maryellen's Best Press. Thus far I have only seen it online and in
quilt shops. Having been on two shop hops...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Rita in MA
OT...what's your favorite method of.....

Filling a spray bottle with a mixture of hot water and vinegar, about 1
to 1, and spraying large sections several times has worked for me. If
your paper has a vinyl coating, it probably needs some...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Rita in MA
I'm just a bit excited...... sorta Off Topic, but about sewing...sort of.

How very exciting! Is the issue out now? The web site is showing it as
the current issue. I'm going to look for it this morning when I go
shopping. Congratulations to you!

Rita L.

Pati C....
Forum: Quilting April 30th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Rita in MA
Your Quilting Book

Hey, Kate! Did you ever make your chocolate quilt for yourself? It
seemed such a lovely idea.

Rita L.

Kate XXXXXX wrote:

How Not To Quilt: my story of how life interrupts my sewing...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Rita in MA
Memory Failure

Definitely NOT better than you :-) Besides, all I got was a name and
the chance to read a few old messages about cowboys.

You are very welcome.

Rita L.
Butterflywings wrote:

Thank you thank...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 08, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Rita in MA
Memory Failure

Must have been between my "tenures" here, BUT, searching google groups
turns up messages in this group from Lynne in Toronto. Is that who you
are looking for?

Rita L.

Butterflywings wrote:
Forum: Quilting April 9th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Rita in MA
Heading North

Have a pleasant and safe trip! Enjoy Williamsburg for me. Have you
ever been there? (Sorry, if I should know that.) My DH and I love it
there and visit often.

Rita L.

Susan Torrens wrote:
Forum: Quilting April 9th 08, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Rita in MA
sorta OT - fab shop hop clue

They need a spell checker! There is an extra 'e' in the letters for the
second word. It is tablecloths. The given letters would add up to
tableclothes.

Rita L. - who found the bunny...
Forum: Quilting April 9th 08, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Rita in MA
sorta OT - fab shop hop clue

O.K. I cheated. I put them into an anagram server. The first one is
collegiate. The second returned tons of options that I am still reading
through. I'll get back to you when I choose one...
Forum: Quilting March 24th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Rita in MA
OT Prayer request

Anastasia,

Best wishes and positive thoughts for Delilah Rose. Our twin nephews
were delivered at 1.5 and 2.5 pounds respectively. Both are doing great
and will be 3 years old in July. It will...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 08, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Rita in MA
Great Customer Service

Isn't that fun?? I just put away my order today (have had it for a few
weeks and just kept looking at it). It is like Christmas when you open
it up. You never know what you are going to get, but...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Rita in MA
Great Customer Service

Oh! I saw that too! I love it and hope that it is still around in a
bit when I recover from a couple of shopping sprees that I treated
myself to recently. Maybe I shouldn't wait...

Rita L.

Gen...
Forum: Quilting March 22nd 08, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Rita in MA
i knew it would hurt.. but never expected to hurt THIS much..

I'm so sorry! Just under two months ago I went through the same thing
with my precious Molly. I have loved all of our cats and continue to
love the three that are still with us BUT Molly wiggled...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 08, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 42
Posted By Rita in MA
okay, 'fess up

Ditto!

Rita L.

Julia in MN wrote:
Yes, but only because I tend to cut the squares for the triangles a wee
bit larger than necessary so that I can square up the whole thing. That
trimming...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 163