Showing results 1 to 25 of 110
Search took 0.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Christiansen
Forum: Quilting January 30th 19, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Morning Mist Quilt

On 1/20/19 9:04 AM, wrote:
This is the quilt I am working on right now. I would not recommend this quilt for a beginner because they use the old fashion way of making...
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 18, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian Christiansen
quilted jacket

It has gotten cold enough here in Tucson that, at least late at night, I
have to wear my quilted jacket
(https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian0908/albums/72157660571976814). I
think I made a post...
Forum: Quilting November 15th 18, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Thing for cast iron skillet handle

The other day, on one of the many cooking shows on YouTube, I saw one of
the cooks with a insulated cover over the handle...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 18, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Happy halloween, and other random stuff

On 11/2/18 8:11 AM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
I am not much for Halloween except I did enjoy the outdoor decorations this year. We did not have any Halloweener's...
Forum: Quilting November 1st 18, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Happy halloween, and other random stuff

Happy Halloween. I got 2 small bags of smarties("rockets" in canada, I
think, and what are called smarties in Canada are what we call M&M's in
the United States) and 2 small bags of Tootsie Rolls...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 18, 09:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Question about bathrobe I don't like

Several years ago, I made a bathrobe that kinda looks cool, I suppose,
but I don't really like wearing it as a bathrobe. When I made it, I
choose camouflage print denim, thinking it would soften...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 18, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Which would you buy (if either)

On 05/22/2018 08:05 AM, wrote:
I have done anything like this before so unable to help that way but have you gone on to www.amazon.com and ask to see Janome sewing...
Forum: Quilting May 11th 18, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Which would you buy (if either)

One of my sewing machines is a New Home 445 from the early 60's (I
think). I was messing around on ebay (just looking at the listings, not
really "shopping" for anything). Well,anyway, there were...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 18, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Sewing Scissors

I have a couple of pair of sewing scissors. Two are Fiskars, and will
tell the story of why I have 2 if somebody wants me to, but my main
questions is about my other pair.

I have another pair...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 18, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Cosplay and new comic

I am not a cosplayer, but I think about various costumes once in a
while, and how I might make them.

One of the costumes that I think about is the following:...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 18, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Card Tricks Quilt

On 02/18/2018 09:11 AM, wrote:
This the quilt I am working on right now. It is an old timey pattern made with 2 1/2 inch wide strips. Go to Missouri Star Quilt...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 17, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Christiansen
The new Featherweight

On 09/25/2017 07:34 AM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
They have a used one like new on Amazon.com for $199, so check them out.

Perhaps I was not clear enough: no, I am...
Forum: Quilting September 25th 17, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Christiansen
The new Featherweight

On 09/24/2017 08:09 AM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
Are you planning on buying one of these featherweights?
Sandy$

Unless you are plannning on...
Forum: Quilting September 24th 17, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Christiansen
The new Featherweight

The Singer company has apparently revived the featherweight:
http://www.singerco.com/products/2856/c240-featherweight. Actually,
this machine appears to be a quite new model, introduced within the...
Forum: Quilting September 15th 17, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Christiansen
OT, but not totally: another Amazon gift certificate for givingblood.

Recently, I got another Amazon gift certificate for giving blood, and I
am pondering what to do with it.

I recently have looked at several videos on YouTube and elsewhere about
machine quilting...
Forum: Quilting August 21st 17, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Why does the needle not thread and seems to be hitting the edgeof the bobbin case on my Bernina 1010?

On 08/20/2017 01:49 PM, wrote:

Does anyone know why the needle won't thread and seems to be hitting the edge of the bobbin case on my old Bernina 1010

I wouldn't know...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 17, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Lavender Love Quilt (renamed Blue Gold Love)

On 07/09/2017 08:09 AM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
This is the correct quilt and thanks for coming to my rescue once again. This is the second time I have made this...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 17, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Lavender Love Quilt (renamed Blue Gold Love)

On 07/04/2017 06:53 AM, wrote:
....maybe Brian can do his magic...

Is this it:
http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=26019
with the pattern available for...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 17, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian Christiansen
The quilt I am repairing

I have talked several times about a quilt I am repairing, and just
thought I would say some stuff about the progress of it.

It is kinda going slowly, but that is because I sew on a replacement...
Forum: Quilting June 7th 17, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Butterfly Batik Quilt

On 06/06/2017 07:27 AM, wrote:
Hello Barbara,
Thank you for your comments about making quilts. Is this the only quilt or fabric newsgroup that you know...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 17, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Dizzy Daisy Quilt

On 05/04/2017 07:55 AM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
Have you ever thought about making a quilt of different UFO's?

Not really - I watched the video of Jenny making that...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 17, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Dizzy Daisy Quilt

On 05/02/2017 12:11 PM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
Are making fun of me and my dizzy daisy quilt.

Heavens no. That is what the "dizzy daisies" looked like to me - space...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 17, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Dizzy Daisy Quilt

On 04/28/2017 09:32 AM, wrote:
This is what I am working on right now

I watched the video of Jenny making this quilt, or at least the blocks
for the quilt. I...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 17, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Just a Simple Patch Quilt

On 04/18/2017 09:05 AM, wrote:
Hello Group,
These were already(Brian)flat.

What I meant by "flat" is that each block (4", or 3 1/2 when finished)
is a single...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 17, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian Christiansen
Just a Simple Patch Quilt

On 04/12/2017 08:09 AM, wrote:
Have been saving 4 inch, 3 1/2 inch, 3 inch and 2 1/2 inch squares for some time now. I take my left over pieces of material from my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 110