Showing results 1 to 25 of 101
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ndjoan
Forum: Needlework November 7th 12, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By ndjoan
Here's a project for each of you

On 11/3/2012 10:09 AM, Karen C wrote:
Operation Christmas Child -- pack a shoebox to ensure a child gets a
Christmas gift
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Pack_A_Shoe_Box/

Our...
Forum: Needlework November 2nd 12, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By ndjoan
I hope all of the USA residents here are OK

On 11/1/2012 8:13 AM, Karen C wrote:

I think I neglected to mention here that my dad passed away October 21.

I am so sorry for your loss, Karen! (((((((((((Karen & family))))))))))

--
Joan
Forum: Needlework October 26th 12, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 10/25/2012 5:09 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:46:29 -0500, ndjoan
wrote:

Yes, it's true, although on a much smaller scale than...
Forum: Needlework October 25th 12, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By ndjoan
Yarn bombing has hit North Dakota!

Yes, it's true, although on a much smaller scale than some we've seen,
but at least it's a start! I took pictures. Click on my Flickr link
below if you're interested.

I'm getting out of...
Forum: Needlework October 18th 12, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By ndjoan
What I'm stitching

On 10/18/2012 9:55 AM, Sharon wrote:

That is such a beautiful piece - your daughter will absolutely love it.

I hope so. She also does some cs, so she's one who will appreciate my
efforts!

--...
Forum: Needlework October 8th 12, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By ndjoan
Belated birthday wishes......

go out to Liz, whose birthday was on Friday.

Join in everyone!

Happy belated birthday to yoooouuuu,
Happy belated birthdaaay to yoooooouuuuuu,
Happy belated biiiirthdaaaay, dear Liiiiiiz,
Happy...
Forum: Needlework October 8th 12, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By ndjoan
What I'm DONE Stitching

On 10/3/2012 9:16 AM, Karen C - California wrote:
My MLI Memorial Stitchalong piece, "My Quilt" (TG-39) (www.tiag.com)

I was working on it on vacation and had hoped to finish it on the flight
Forum: Needlework October 8th 12, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By ndjoan
Starting the traditional war

On 9/28/2012 3:46 PM, Karen C wrote:
Has anyone seen the new "Scarlet Letter" commercial for Miracle Whip?

And while we're at it, I think we should all lick our floss while
sucking on a big...
Forum: Needlework October 8th 12, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By ndjoan
Starting the traditional war

On 9/29/2012 8:56 AM, Tia Mary wrote:

MW is Nasty, horrible, disgusting stuff -- spawn of the devil as I
have always said!!!!
TM!!! You're back! Your ears must have been burning because...
Forum: Needlework September 28th 12, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By ndjoan
OT - September edition of the Limpet

On 9/28/2012 6:16 AM, wrote:

It switches me through to FB and I will die before I will be a part of
that monstrosity. I am using FireFox, not Internet Exploder so I
Forum: Needlework September 27th 12, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By ndjoan
Source for Patterns Only

On 9/23/2012 1:15 PM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 9/23/12 12:22 PM, BookGirlNJ wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a cross-stitch pattern but it appears to only come as
part of a kit which I...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 12, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By ndjoan
veering off topic - but I did use a needle

On 9/22/2012 8:35 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

and second find was a partially felted sweater at a different thrift
store. It's marked large but it's not a large anymore....

LOLOL!!! I bet not!

--...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 12, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By ndjoan
What I'm stitching

After a brief foray into needlepoint, I'm back to cs. My DD is getting
married next year so I'm stitching "Through a mother's eyes" by Paula
Vaughan: http://tinyurl.com/8v7sd95

--
Joan

See...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 12, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By ndjoan
Longtime no see !!

On 9/15/2012 9:23 PM, Melissa L wrote:
Bout 13 years I reckon ;) Things have changed!

Welcome back, Melissa! In your honor, maybe we should start another
round of "What I'm stitching". I'm sure...
Forum: Needlework September 7th 12, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By ndjoan
two red ribbons

On 9/6/2012 7:22 PM, Susan Hartman wrote:
I picked up my entries from the MD state fair on Tuesday and found I'd
won two red ribbons! Photos at rctn.

WooHoo!!!! Congrats! running over to...
Forum: Needlework August 29th 12, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By ndjoan
need my ladies with long memories

On 8/27/2012 4:15 PM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

how many of them did you buy????

I didn't buy any. I'm not a doily type of person. :(

--
Joan
Forum: Needlework August 27th 12, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By ndjoan
need my ladies with long memories

On 8/25/2012 9:22 AM, wrote:

I still do that so that I can use them decoratively, else who would
see them ? I have even explained this to my kids and told them who
did...
Forum: Needlework August 22nd 12, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By ndjoan
My picutre

On 8/22/2012 4:22 PM, Donna D. wrote:
I got my picutre of magical night on rctnp.
I will see if I can get the other 2 I have up later.
Thanks
Donna

That is *so* cool, Donna!

--
Joan
Forum: Needlework August 20th 12, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 8/18/2012 5:38 AM, Donna D. wrote:

I won Best Of Show for Magical Night from TW. With feathers for wings. My
son pick out the frame that made the whole thing stunning.

Congrats, Donna! ...
Forum: Needlework August 20th 12, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By ndjoan
Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum

On 8/16/2012 7:59 AM, wrote:

As I am reading this...the NYFD calendar guys are on TV. Iwonder if they ever saw the Angel that rctn stitched in memory of Sept
11. I know it was...
Forum: Needlework August 20th 12, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By ndjoan
on floss

On 8/12/2012 7:16 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I.
Now they have some Sullivan's which I will try and "Artiste Ombres"
which look like short skeins of various space dyes which look a lot like
DMC...
Forum: Needlework August 8th 12, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By ndjoan
OT - domestic story

On 8/8/2012 4:41 AM, Bruce wrote:
A man came home from work and found his 5 children outside, still in
their pyjamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers
strewn around...
Forum: Needlework August 7th 12, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By ndjoan
OT - never mess with little old ladies

On 8/5/2012 12:08 PM, wrote:

Last week I am going into the pharmacy, approach the out door, but
hang back to allow a young woman and husband/bf to exit first. She
comes...
Forum: Needlework August 7th 12, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By ndjoan
books - on topic

On 8/4/2012 7:06 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Other authors I can look for???

There's Darlene O'Steen's The Proper stitch. I just talked the library
into buying a copy, which we just rec'd, so I...
Forum: Needlework August 7th 12, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By ndjoan
my eyes are going....

On 8/3/2012 6:00 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

hey Joan - just imagine a soon to be 14 yo while in your 50's - not
regretting it for a second though

No thanks! Makes me tired to think of that!...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 101