Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Louise in Iowa[_7_]
Forum: Quilting March 22nd 11, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Flimsies done!

That lime green just makes the quilt sing! Great job.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 3/22/2011 1:00 PM, amy in SoCal wrote:
These...
Forum: Quilting March 22nd 11, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Finished quilt

Wow!Your quilting is really nice. And isn't it fun???

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 3/22/2011 8:40 AM, Alice in PA wrote:
The last...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 11, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
posts

It's over! Everything was fine, so I won't complain - but I'm glad I
don't have to do it again for five years!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 11, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Vegas Shop Tour

Aw, Kim, that was so nice of your husband to do that for you! What a
sweet guy to win that money for your fabric!

That sounds like a worthwhile tour - glad you had a good time. Kind of
ironic that...
Forum: Quilting March 18th 11, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Wips

I think I'd put a border on each and make separate WUHs. Depending on
how much room you have, you could hang two at a time or just one and
switch them whenever your litle heart desires. I love...
Forum: Quilting March 17th 11, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
posts

Groan! Yes, you're right - it's terrible! But I love it anyway.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 3/17/2011 3:24 PM, Polly Esther...
Forum: Quilting March 17th 11, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
posts

I'm here! We'd better NOT have an earthquake - I have my colonoscopy
scheduled for tomorrow, so if some natural disaster is on the horizon, I
want to know now so I can go ahead and eat...
Forum: Quilting March 13th 11, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Polly, I see your name on this...

I'd love to see what Polly's chubby chicks would look like!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 3/13/2011 4:26 PM, Sandy E wrote:
Forum: Quilting March 7th 11, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Sewing diagonal stripes onto a muslin backing?

Hmmmm - this does sound like an adventure! Does "some book" recommend
using a large piece of fabric for the backing? This sounds similar to
the concept of string piecing, but I think it's generally...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 11, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
What is with the low number of posts?

Twelve foot, actually, rather than ten!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 3/6/2011 9:43 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
You'd think my list of...
Forum: Quilting March 3rd 11, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Windows Live

I tried it, but I sure didn't like it. I thought it was slow to load and
then to react. I don't remember the message sitting in the outbox for a
long time, but it could have been doing that. I...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 11, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
kudos!

I love it when we're able to give good reviews for customer service!
Seems like it happens the other way around way too often.

Louise in...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 11, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
New Polly photos posted

Oh, my . . . Polly, you've done it again. They are just adorable -
bloomers and all!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 2/23/2011 6:14...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 11, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Completed items

I think a friend may have figured that out - I'll check with her and let
you know.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 2/18/2011 4:48 PM,...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 11, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Completed items

It makes sense that it would work - but sometimes great ideas don't work
as well in real life as they do in my mind! I'd start by making a
cardboard template, I think! Actually, couldn't you simply...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 11, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Completed items

Cute quilt, Alice. Baby's going to love it.

I haven't tried a twister quilt yet, but I like your runner/wallhanging.
I think you're right that if you'd put contrasting colors next to each
other...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 11, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Red, White, and Black

Thanks, Sandy! I like cool!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 2/17/2011 3:52 PM, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

Cool: geometry, RED,...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 11, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Red, White, and Black

Thanks, Kim! It's funny how all of a sudden RW&B quilts are popping up
every time I look around - and I'm getting some good ideas for future
projects. Now if I just remember what they are when I'm...
Forum: Quilting February 17th 11, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Thimbleberries block of month

I looked at the fabric requirements for the quilt, and it refers to
needing the "applique print" to do some of the center and the outside
border. I can't find the print anywhere online (did just a...
Forum: Quilting February 16th 11, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Red, White, and Black

Thanks, Susan. Funny thing about that quilt is that I'd never seen that
particular pattern - and then three friends in a row made one from it. I
agree with you that the pattern would look good in a...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 11, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Red, White, and Black

Thanks, Taria! Yes, I'm early, but not really! I had her brother's made
by Christmas of his junior year. For granddaughter #2, I finished by
April prior to graduation (I really did plan to get it...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 11, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
QI - It never gets any easier

{{{{{{{Nel}}}}}}}} You loved Purdy, and you cared for her. She was a
member of your family. And it hurts deep down inside - but you did the
right thing for her. We'll say an extra prayer for you...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 11, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Thimbleberries block of month

Here's a site where you can see each of the individual blocks:

http://www.thimbleberries.com/pages?id=237&nav=6

There's no applique that I can see. It appears to be all squares,
rectangles and...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 11, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
OT Welcome sweet spring time

We're getting a taste of spring - highs in the 50s this week and some
serious snow melt! Of course, we'll probably get more of the white stuff
this weekend, but hey, we'll have a couple of good...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 11, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Red, White, and Black

Thanks, Roberta. I have EQ to thank for that. Once I decided on the
block and color placement, I used EQ to rotate every other block and
those light and dark squares emerged - I thought it was more...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75