Showing results 1 to 25 of 119
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J*[_5_]
Forum: Quilting August 13th 12, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By J*[_5_]
Would this work?

if a single design wants to be 4 x 6 inch but needs to fit into a 6 x 6
space, just add a strip of plain fabric to one side. a tone on tone would be
nice. there you have your resting place. here...
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 12, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By J*[_5_]
Choosing Ginghers?

yup, what Pat said i agreen with.
also might i suggest making some pretty Fobs to attach to all scissors so
they never get lost or mistaken for anyone elses. i made 3 of them back in
05? with...
Forum: Quilting June 19th 12, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By J*[_5_]
My Biggest Problem (at present)

i know about sewing 4 patches together with a nice neat intersection.
i dont pin those, just get'em right by snuggling the seams into one another
so your fingers can feel it.
then when sewing, keep...
Forum: Quilting June 19th 12, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By J*[_5_]
Hollow cubes

oh i love any of the 3D look or real 3D blocks.
i hope i dont have to wait long for those pix from your new fangled camera.
:)
j.

"Julia in MN" ...
When I get something done. I should be in there...
Forum: Quilting June 19th 12, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By J*[_5_]
Only a quilter

yup, thats a yard by my measurements as well.
turn your head to the left or right, depending on which way you roll, it
then becomes close enough to a metre from tip of finger to nose.
i'm....was...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 12, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By J*[_5_]
Quilting fleece backed quilt?

i've a maybe odd question....do you quilt with fleece side up?
might be obvious but i've never worked with fleece at all for anything.
j.

"Lizzy Taylor" ...
Hi Sally,
I back a lot of my quilts with...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 12, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By J*[_5_]
S.O.S. : Same Ol' Scraps-SANDY

i remember your name as it is not one i'd ever heard of before.
if you really think we were 'all' above your capability (not likely at all),
you must have heaps of questions or things you wondered...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 12, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By J*[_5_]
OT shipping a live plant

you can also put a big arrow ^^^^ or 4 on the outside of the box pointing
up.....'this way up'.
i think 'fragile' or 'live plant' might also be allowed on the outside of
the box. i'd ask at the...
Forum: Quilting May 6th 12, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By J*[_5_]
OT. from the 'other side'

we had good friends who lived out that way...Martyn Wright Rd,
iirc...they've since moved back to the city and now have been living in
Belguim for the past couple of yrs where his work took...
Forum: Quilting May 6th 12, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By J*[_5_]
from the 'other side'

wow, AnnaBelle, thats a whole hell of a lot more to deal with than my
problem.
the high protein diet i asked for at hospital was not for meat. i dont eat
red meat either.
i wanted easy to eat, ...
Forum: Quilting May 5th 12, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By J*[_5_]
from the 'other side'

oh my, i had no idea. here i am complaining and your procedure is much more
serious i think.
good luck with that. the nursing staff at Middlemore i found superb. even
the food wasnt as bad as i...
Forum: Quilting May 1st 12, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By J*[_5_]
from the 'other side'

middlemore...they do all the plastic surgery for the auckland region.
tuesday for 4 hrs and again last friday and they admitted me for the weekend
for IV anti-biotics.
came home monday with oral...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 12, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By J*[_5_]
from the 'other side'

returned to emergency at hosp on tuesday. going back to super clinic first
thing in the morning for the same thing. a hard red bruise at one end that
is leaking pink serous fluid out the last drain...
Forum: Quilting April 22nd 12, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By J*[_5_]
OT ? covering a new toy

http://preyproject.com/
there is a video there to see how it works and the download is free.
should be straight forward to install and also user friendly as we're not
all geeky enough to do anything...
Forum: Quilting April 22nd 12, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By J*[_5_]
OT ? covering a new toy

i like the lap desk idea too.
i recall reading, not that long ago, about a guy who had his laptop stolen
and he used another
computer to track it, find it and get the cops there to arrest the thief...
Forum: Quilting March 27th 12, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By J*[_5_]
Thread supply woes!

http://www.cansew.com/product/321.aspx
hey jenn,
is this source of use?
its in canada. i bought one of their 6K cone back in 2005.
it has been very good for piecing and some quilting as well.
plenty...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 12, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By J*[_5_]
New Directory

yes m'am, i sure did.
cant thank you enough for taking the time and trouble for me.
long downloads dont thrill me. :/
hugz and xxxxxx
j.

Karen; "Queen of Squishies" wrote...
Jeanne, did you get...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 12, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By J*[_5_]
Directory sent

welcome back round the cyber-quilting frame, Phyllis.
we are also on facebook if you use that at all.
just do a search for rctq. should only be one like that. :)
j.

"Phyllis" wrote...
I know I'm not...
Forum: Quilting March 11th 12, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By J*[_5_]
New Directory

oh my, started the download and it is 144 megabytes, would take me a very
long time to download that with my slow dial up and i really only want the
one part of it.
i'll see what else i can find i...
Forum: Quilting March 11th 12, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By J*[_5_]
New Directory

i got mine last night.
i dont have excel so need to find a reader.
to save me brain matter (of which there is little lately), can someone
suggest a link for that?
thank you for the hard work on...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 12, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By J*[_5_]
Has anyone found (fabric) Jelly Rolls uneven?

cutting and resewing like a Hidden Wells method perhaps.
i really like the addition of wee Prairie Points.
amazing how a few wee triangles can add so much visual interest.
j.

"Susan Laity Price"...
Forum: Quilting February 28th 12, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By J*[_5_]
stitching in the ditch

hmmmm, you're going thru many layers, did you adjust the tension a bit?
j.

"Linda" wrote ...
I am doing a small doll quilt as a practice piece before I try a larger
quilt, as it has been a while...
Forum: Quilting February 26th 12, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By J*[_5_]
Directory update

i'm not sure i'll be around long enough.
there are some risks that worry me more than others.
ya never know the outcome from some things. :/
if i'm not around i also wont be able to tell ya now will...
Forum: Quilting February 25th 12, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By J*[_5_]
Hug List, Directory and Facebook

oops, i also forgot to mention all the s.e.x. that goes on around here, in
multiples no less.
s.e.x. is so much more fun when all your buddys are with you. :D
then there is s.e.x. at shows as well....
Forum: Quilting February 25th 12, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By J*[_5_]
Directory update

i have not moved or changed my name or anything else that i'm aware of.
in a few weeks as soon as i can make a decision and the powers that be can
schedule a date, i'll be losing some stuff but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 119