Showing results 1 to 25 of 128
Search took 2.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mauvice in central WI
Forum: Quilting December 9th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
OT Recipe for micrwave caramel popcorn

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS.... sorry here it is....multi tasking is getting more
an dmore challenging as we get closer to Xmas!!!!!!

Microwave Caramel Corn
16 C. popped pop corn

COATING:
1 C. brown sugar
¼...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
OT Recipe for micrwave caramel popcorn

One of the ladies I sew with on Mondays brought this for a snack....it
was VERY good....she substituted dark corn syrup for the light corn
syrup....it was delicious, several of us actually brought...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 08, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
My quiet sewing machine - My Style Janome

On Nov 24, 12:04*am, "DiMa"
Have to say I was astounded at the amount of lint inside - I took off
anything that I could unscrew and give it a good clean, very...
Forum: Quilting July 29th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Need A Pattern

On Jul 29, 5:18*pm, wrote:
Can you all help me out? *I need a pattern for a 12 inch Siggy Block.
I need to finish them within 3 days in order to get them mailed on
time. *...
Forum: Quilting July 28th 08, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
WAY OT but very neat, have you seen this?

I thought this gave me a profile as myself as a quilter....

When you click on the link, a series of about 15 pictures will come
up. Click on a photo in that category that appeals to you.

Again...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Windfall for my group.....Stash Bursting not busting!!!!!!!!

Some of you may remember, that I coordinate a group called Roudn Barn
Quilters, small group of 12-15 who make benevolent quilts...ie ..lap
robes for rest homes, peds quilts for hospital, raffle...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 08, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
OT ...Sunflower project

Here is a way of being "green" with the kiddles and grand babies.....

"There is growing concern about the lack of pollinators and the
occurance or disapearance of bees from our garden landscape. I...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Coats and Clards Dual Duty--POLYester?!

Has anyone any more info on hte new Coats and Clark thread displays,
I noticed what used to be cotton covered polyester is now Polyester
covered polyester,....HUH? when did this happen? is it...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Looking for Fabric

On May 19, 4:54*pm, "Michelle" wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I have a REALLY big favor to ask; I've posted a picture to Webshots of a
Sunbonnet Sue quilt block that I need to repair....
Forum: Quilting May 15th 08, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
any tips for this FM problem

One quilting friend ALWAYS thread bastes when MQ and her work is
exemplary....BUT when she bastes she takes a small stitch on top and a
bigger stitch on bottom! Works well I have tried it.... When...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
AQS calendar....we're dancing in WI..link

On May 9, 8:00*am, amy in CNY wrote:
Really Gorgeous!! you all did a fantastic job! the quilting is
beautiful, too.

(who won the raffle?) just curious.....

amy in...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
AQS calendar....we're dancing in WI..link

Thank you all! We are all pleased with the results, and it was a
group effort, EVERYONE contributed ....I think it helps in
stimulating raffle ticket sales....

Mauvice

On May 8, 9:47*am, "Boca...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 08, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
AQS calendar....we're dancing in WI..link

Here is a link to the photo of our guild raffle quilt that was
published in the AQS calendar, the January "pin-up". The anme is
Country Charm....Can you tell I am excited? It's like giving...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 08, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
AQS calendar....we're dancing in WI

Kate:
Klaudeen Hanson who edits the calendar is from Madison -area Wi and
was at our quilt show and suggested we enter, she sent us a form and
we sent a picture .....there was some critieria like it...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 08, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
AQS calendar....we're dancing in WI

Polly what a great idea!!!!
Mauvice
Forum: Quilting May 7th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
AQS calendar....we're dancing in WI

I am so excited....The raffle quilt from our little guild (only 50-ish
members), Piecemakers Quilt Guild of Marshfield WI, has our quilt
published in the 2009 AQS calendar.. It is the January...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Thimble substitutes?

On May 7, 12:18*pm, jennellh wrote:
I am looking for a thimble substitute since I have never been able to
hand sew with one! *Any suggestions??
jennellh

I like...
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Quilt Show Admission... $$

We charge $5 for ours over 200 quilts and two days....
Everyone loves the door prizes, free demos that are offered on Sundays
covering everything from prairie points, to free motion quilting, and
we...
Forum: Quilting April 29th 08, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
New sewing table - free!

I love these found objects...GREAT Job...it will serve you well....I
just got a banquet table from church where I sew on Mondays...
$10...and another one in my garage already ...I can put two...
Forum: Quilting April 29th 08, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Graduation quilty gift?

On Apr 29, 6:31*am, "Kate G." wrote:
I like the wall hanging idea... * and Celebrate is perfect!! *the colors
could be their HS / College colors .... or ask their...
Forum: Quilting April 29th 08, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Graduation quilty gift?

On Apr 29, 6:25*am, "Roberta Zollner" wrote:
How about something smaller, like a quilted laptop bag with a matching phone
or Ipod holder -you could put "Celebrate" or...
Forum: Quilting April 29th 08, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Graduation quilty gift?

My great niece (college, U of ILL) and great nephew (high school) are
graduating in June? Can I get a little quilt done for each by then
and what? My thought s swirl...any of you brilliant...
Forum: Quilting April 9th 08, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Ctton/silk or cotton/wool Mountain Mist batting?

On Apr 9, 12:52*pm, John wrote:
On Apr 9, 11:55*am, Mauvice in central WI wrote:

Has anyone tried this batting and what do you think of...
Forum: Quilting April 9th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Ctton/silk or cotton/wool Mountain Mist batting?

Has anyone tried this batting and what do you think of it?

http://tinyurl.com/3o6kml
Mauvice in snowy central WI
Forum: Quilting April 9th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Next Step in quilting class....

Hi
Thanks to everyone for their input on this topic, it sure was helpful
and at he same time reassuring to know I am on the right track!
This is what we have decided to do.....I have already done a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 128