Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DA[_2_]
Forum: Yarn December 3rd 08, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By DA[_2_]
Alternative to Kitchner stitch

If you are using small needles like a 1, 2 or 3 it and you hold you
tension really tight it is not the best. It will work great on the lace
scarf. You can control the tension by how tight...
Forum: Yarn December 3rd 08, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By DA[_2_]
Alternative to Kitchner stitch

I found it easier to maintain the tension on the yarn you are weaving in
if you have something short like a sock. It becomes difficult if you have
something with a lot of stitches in the...
Forum: Yarn December 2nd 08, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By DA[_2_]
Alternative to Kitchner stitch

Has anyone tried this technique? How does the seam compare to one which has
been grafted?
http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2007/05/easier-way-to-kitchener-stitch-also.html

Thanks
DA
Forum: Yarn November 14th 08, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By DA[_2_]
Help with Circular Needle Cable Length

Is there some rule of thumb for determining the length you need? I'm
down to a 16" cable but didn't take into account the length of the
needles. The only smaller set I could find is an...
Forum: Yarn November 13th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By DA[_2_]
Knitting question

wrote in message
On Nov 13, 8:47 am, "
wrote:
The...
Forum: Yarn November 2nd 08, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By DA[_2_]
Length of kids scraves

"Gerald & Donna McIntosh" wrote in message
Hi,

what is average length any of you use for kids scarves? I'm...
Forum: Yarn November 1st 08, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By DA[_2_]
Sandra november edition

"anno" wrote in message
anno had written this in response to
Forum: Yarn October 31st 08, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By DA[_2_]
Sandra november edition

"anno" wrote in message
Hi, I am starting a sweater on the nov edition of sandra if anyone has it,
Forum: Yarn September 22nd 08, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By DA[_2_]
For your info

snip
USENET has been around long before the web, and will continue to exist. I
was posting to local BBS before it was USENET.
If you and your friends are interested in keeping the group going,...
Forum: Yarn July 2nd 08, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By DA[_2_]
Where to get 2-ply yarn?

"Schala" wrote in message
Hi all, I'm looking for worsted-weight 2-ply yarn for a plastic canvas
Forum: Yarn May 5th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By DA[_2_]
mix Bamboo + wool ???

Thank you Da , i LOVED knitting with the pure 100 % Bamboo, and so did
some of my friends , Thus now we have to wait and see if they will
import those new blends ..
What color is the sweater ? whom...
Forum: Yarn May 5th 08, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By DA[_2_]
mix Bamboo + wool ???

wrote in message
I saw in knitters that now you can get a mix [ or blend] of Bamboo
and wool ,...
Forum: Yarn April 15th 08, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By DA[_2_]
When is yarn too old?

snip
Ps i fill my bag s with nice bars of soaps , if it doesn`t help it
wouldn`t harm ,,,
mirjam

Ahhh, but it does help. Moths which invade wool are blind. Anything that
masks the smell of...
Forum: Yarn March 23rd 08, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By DA[_2_]
Breivisje (Yarn bob?)

"Evert" wrote in message
Hi all!

As you may be able to tell from the subject, I have a question...
Forum: Yarn March 4th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA[_2_]
another beginner question...

here's my question...what would then be a "next" project to try and
tackle? and what is knitting sideways???

Why not try a simple cardigan, perhaps a baby/toddler sweater? Most yarn...
Forum: Yarn February 23rd 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA[_2_]
Mall of American Knit-Out Pictures

Thanks for the links. I especially like the Kia Kia and may give this
one a try.

Pat

You are welcome.
DA
Forum: Yarn February 23rd 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA[_2_]
Mall of American Knit-Out Pictures

and it's picture 100_0026, primarily blue in a circular knit pattern.

The back of the sweater is what is so attractive. I'd love to have
the pattern for it if anyone
knows where I can...
Forum: Yarn February 21st 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By DA[_2_]
entrelac

Aside from working in a silent room with no cats around, does anyone
have any good ideas on how to keep myself organized as to where I am
and which way I am going? Thanks!

Wendy
A...
Forum: Yarn February 10th 08, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By DA[_2_]
Help Please, please, please

Is this what you have in mind?
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=105&d_id=4&lang=en

DA
Hello DA, yes, that is just what I had in mind thank you so much.
Forum: Yarn February 9th 08, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By DA[_2_]
Junghans Wollversand_Fee

"Aud" wrote in message

"DA" don't live skrev i melding
Forum: Yarn February 8th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By DA[_2_]
Junghans Wollversand_Fee

This yarn is not imported into the US, and a web search results do not give
any information in English about the yarn.
I am looking for the suggested gauge/tension in stocking stitch and needle...
Forum: Yarn February 8th 08, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By DA[_2_]
Help Please, please, please

snip
I have not knitted for some years and would dearly love to knit a
bolero/shrug with short sleeves but every pattern I look at seems to have
long sleeves and is too short for what I would...
Forum: Yarn January 31st 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By DA[_2_]
Just back from Holmfirth

Finally remembered to bring the pattern up with me.

The cover says Knitaly 7 Septembre, B204 The pattern I'm using is Aran
Interlock M-524.

I hope this helps.

I've now done the seed...
Forum: Yarn January 30th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By DA[_2_]
Just back from Holmfirth

On the silk - I don't know where you are. The equivalent yarn I got to
knit it was what we call Double Knitting wool. I always think of silk as
quite thin - but I don't know :-(

Mary

I...
Forum: Yarn January 30th 08, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By DA[_2_]
Just back from Holmfirth

I'll make it smaller and put it on now. Then go back to the work - I've
done the back welt and have begun the Hard Bit.

This is the second American pattern I've done and I really prefer...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72