Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Night Mist
Forum: Quilting July 14th 20, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Night Mist
soften heat n bond?

On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 8:16:33 PM UTC-4, Elizabeth Boepple wrote:
I made a horrible error. I thought I was ordering (online) a fusible interfacing, and got Heat n Bond. I tried using it as the...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 18, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Night Mist
stolen quilts - how frequent

On Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 12:02:42 AM UTC-4, Kathyl wrote:
I think you would need a certified appraisal on the quilt in order to have it insured for more than just the cost of the...
Forum: Quilting August 22nd 18, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Night Mist
stolen quilts - how frequent

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 7:12:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
How do you insure a quilt? My insurance company will not give me special coverage on quilts that I would like to show at...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 18, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Night Mist
Sewing Scissors

I cannot recommend a whetstone for scissors. The blade edge is not shaped right for that. I would just clean them up and see if there was anyplace locally to get them adjusted. If not it is a...
Forum: Quilting January 28th 18, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Night Mist
OT Moving

Well we got all our stuff moved, though we are far from organized yet.
We did not clean the old place as much as we would have liked because the plumbing went from bad to worse and we had to turn the...
Forum: Quilting January 28th 18, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Night Mist
PING Nightmist

On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 6:39:59 PM UTC-5, on linwood wrote:
Most of us are over on Face Book now and Karen Tucker (Queen of Squishies) is doing another directory. You don't have to be on...
Forum: Quilting January 2nd 18, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Night Mist
OT Beavers!

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 12:23:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello Night Mist,
You may have to put some fencing around your fruit trees or any other trees you want to keep as...
Forum: Quilting January 1st 18, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Night Mist
How to get back to this newsgroup

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 10:23:02 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello Group,
That's because I went on the internet and typed this group in. I need to know how to find this in...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 17, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Night Mist
OT Beavers!

I had been thinking that our bitty patch of inland wetland was a spring that had been allowed to bog up.

Nope.

We have a beaver family that moved in and made themselves to home.

We will be keeping...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 17, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally Closing!

WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind...
Forum: Quilting November 27th 17, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally Closing!

After much fuss and bother we finally have a closing date!
We close this Friday.
I got the confirmation from the lawyer this morning. The seller's lawyer dragged their tail about getting ours the...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 17, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 12:12:12 PM UTC-4, Night Mist wrote:
As most of you may grok based on my posting history, the house I live in has been going all to heckies for better than a decade.
Forum: Quilting September 16th 17, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

Well the assessment has been done, we've gotten the report, and in a number of ways it is a hoot! :D

The best example is she keeps referencing the place as "in the extremely rural township of".
OK,...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 17, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

Well then, after looking at some horror shows, some foreclosures, and finding that there was darn little that came close to our requirements out of town, we huddled, decided, and made an offer on...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 17, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

On the plus side, after this experience kiri has given up calling places 20 minutes out of town "Bum Frak Egypt", and now asks only that we look at places that will be plowed promptly in the case of...
Forum: Quilting July 29th 17, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

We have been looking, discarding wet basements, dubious roofs, hodge podge electrical wiring and etc.

Found one place that was a little small but very nice indeed, except you could fit the bathroom...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 17, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Night Mist
OT The Pink Toenails of Shame

I am not sure how much longer I can stand to let the covers stay on. The poor kitty-man is going bonkers with them. Watching him trying to use the scratching pad with those things on is beyond sad....
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 17, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 10:32:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
oooh, keeping fingers and toes crossed that this is right for you!
New moon fortunes?

Well that was disappointing.

I...
Forum: Quilting June 20th 17, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

After scouring the listings and contemplating and discarding a number of foreclosures, we are going out to look at a house.
Those foreclosures are tempting, but after viewing the specs, it seems that...
Forum: Quilting June 10th 17, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Night Mist
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

As most of you may grok based on my posting history, the house I live in has been going all to heckies for better than a decade.

I have finally gotten my family to agree that we must move. What is...
Forum: Quilting March 30th 17, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Night Mist
More about the wonderclips

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 4:41:06 PM UTC-4, Brian Christiansen wrote:

The conversion from inches to cm or pounds to kilograms or whatever is
no problem for me. Even if it were, it is...
Forum: Quilting March 24th 17, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Night Mist
More about the wonderclips

I often dream about going completely metric in sewing. The math would be so much easier!
Just imagine never having to use fractions. Never having to swear at your quilting ruler because it does not...
Forum: Quilting March 22nd 17, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Night Mist
More wonder clips and more random stuff

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 4:25:59 PM UTC-4, Bobbie Sews More wrote:
wrote in message

Hello Brian,
I vote for the...
Forum: Quilting March 9th 17, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Night Mist
Wonder Clips and other random stuff

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 4:41:28 AM UTC-5, Brian Christiansen wrote:
On 03/08/2017 11:28 AM, Night Mist wrote:

Nowdays we have but one school and they offer everything you need to make...
Forum: Quilting March 8th 17, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Night Mist
Wonder Clips and other random stuff

On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 6:49:23 PM UTC-5, Brian Christiansen wrote:
On 03/07/2017 12:31 PM, Night Mist wrote:

I would consider the fabric usually used in making a gi to be a bit light...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44