Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 8.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anne Rogers[_3_]
Forum: Quilting March 29th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
OT rant - laptop

I just have to vent somewhere!

I've ranted before about my laptop, I didn't name the manufacturer, this
time I will, it's Acer.

On Christmas Eve, it died, thankfully my husbands work and access to...
Forum: Quilting March 27th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Pick just one t hing

Question: What should I buy to maximize what will be a relatively low-
spending event? This place has just about everything.

Well you'll have to evaluate your stash to start off with....
Forum: Quilting March 16th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
point and click - OT sorta but not really

AliceW wrote:
Are the web addresses at least blue and underlined?

the answer to this is likely to be the key, if they aren't, then it's
likely to be a viewing/formatting problem. If they are then...
Forum: Quilting March 16th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Finished Challenge Entry

Louise in Iowa wrote:
I'm fascinated by it and would like to see it up close and personal.
Abstract is not normally something I'm attracted to, but I like this - maybe
it's the colors or the...
Forum: Quilting March 16th 08, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
OT tour across the USA

I have a vague recollection that someone on here did this last year, an
east to west through the northern states.

We've been musing about doing something like this, maybe this summer,
but more...
Forum: Quilting March 16th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Wow oh Wow oh Wow Did I get a GEM!!!!

Anne, where are you?? I'm east of the Cascades. Would love to get over
the mountains to thrift shop the West side, but we just don't go to
Seattle unless absolutely necessary.

We're in...
Forum: Quilting March 16th 08, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Press n seal

nzlstar* wrote:
a quick stop at a local postshop should be easy to fit in as
your out and about in the car one day.
often the local postshop is in a small shop that sells other
things as...
Forum: Quilting March 16th 08, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Wow oh Wow oh Wow Did I get a GEM!!!!

How lucky you were! I sometimes get really good deals on fabric from
the local Goodwill store but never once saw a sewing machine there.
What is a senior center thrift shop? Is that a...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
On topic laugh

maryd wrote:
DH had his interview for the job in Washington. The consultant that got
the motel up to Best Western standards said they were expecting to sell
out this weekend but he didn't...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
thrilled - quilt back from long armer

I'm really a very new quilter, I finished a hand quilt a bit over 2
years ago, then started a machine pieced quilt, but only really took off
when I moved to the US and took a beginning quilting...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 08, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Press n seal

i dont know where you're staying but most hotels will have
stamps and gladly post packages for you.

I'm staying with friends! I could buy stamps no problem, but I don't
think a parcel of press...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 08, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Press n seal

Estelle Gallagher wrote:
You 're right Anne, They have never heard of Glad stuff over here.I did see
the heavier stuff on a site whilst searching and wondered if it was better,
but that was...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 08, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
OT eyeglass longevity

nzlstar* wrote:
at the cost of frames/lenses these days i'd expect them to
last longer than 13months.
and if you're willing to pay for a new temple what is their
problem?

I would tend to...
Forum: Quilting March 14th 08, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
BoM traumas

I'm part of a BoM club, it meets 2nd Friday of the month, i.e. today.
Until this month, I've always completed the block before the Friday, but
this month I still had a few seams to sew this...
Forum: Quilting March 14th 08, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Wow oh Wow oh Wow Did I get a GEM!!!!

Looks like the horizontal lever is stitch width, knock that down to zero
and it should be straight. It looks similar to my mum's machine, which
doesn't have separate modes, straight is just zig zag...
Forum: Quilting March 13th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Press n seal

i'm assuming the supermarkets already carry some Glad
products, in which case ordering the Press n Seal is no big
difficulty for them. might be worth emailing their main

I've never seen...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
Terrible Luck with Ordering Things!

That's a very good thing; but I live in a rural area. Our local
economy is....Wal Mart. I just
refuse to buy WalMart's batting. We have a pretty good LQS for fabric,
but she only carries
a...
Forum: Quilting March 11th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
back from Seoul

Estelle Gallagher wrote:
Fantastically descripitive Roberta. I felt as if I was there. Its probably
the nearestI will ever be.lol

Never say never! My grandparents had been there in 89, they got...
Forum: Quilting March 11th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
OT back from Seoul

The
mother lode of plastic hair ornaments,

ahhh, I remember many pretty hair ornaments, I wish I'd bought some for
me, I sent some to MIL.

I bought an eelskin handbag, very beautiful.

My...
Forum: Quilting March 11th 08, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
OT discussion - location of my driver's license

Gen wrote:
However, I think it is a very good idea. If you're in an accident, the
rescue persons will look for your license to tell who you are. I personally
feel it to be very foolish to...
Forum: Quilting March 10th 08, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
OT discussion - location of my driver's license

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
I don't think it's a 'must' in Illinois to have your driver's license on you
if you are stopped. You have 24 hours to prove you have one.

It's proving very...
Forum: Quilting March 10th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
OT discussion - location of my driver's license

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Wow, to the best of my knowledge, in this country we are not required to
carry ID on our person at all times. If we are, it's sure news (and bad
news at...
Forum: Quilting March 9th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
just enjoying time

Gen wrote:
What's the problem with these questions? It sounds to me as if they're
being asked as a way to start a conversaton.

I'm sure they are, but some questions can be taken differently by...
Forum: Quilting March 8th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
just enjoying time

But then when I took up quilting, the questions came
back. "Oh, what are you working on now? Will you bring it finished to
next month's meeting? How many quilts have you made? Do you enter...
Forum: Quilting March 8th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Anne Rogers[_3_]
OT - anybody use Promethean ActiveBoards

I think I have been BS'd all the way around. And it's disgusting that some
teacher would try to scare kids that way -- making them think they have to
pay for it.

Sounds off to me, I do...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500