Showing results 1 to 25 of 98
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AllisonH
Forum: Quilting May 1st 12, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By AllisonH
Warning - on topic!

I remember reading some place that to get rid of gummy goop you need to
start with something that is NOT water soluble (ie cooking oil or peanut
butter) and then follow up with dish detergent. The...
Forum: Quilting April 25th 12, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By AllisonH
Tooting my Horn

On 25/04/2012 12:11 AM, Bronnie wrote:
Six months ago my quilt guild entrusted me with the job of re-establishing our guild's web presence. This is a project I have now been working on together...
Forum: Quilting April 23rd 12, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By AllisonH
OT but still sewing

A while back I did a workshop to make felt pincusions. The stuffing was
leftover cotton batting, pulled apart to be "fluff" then pushed into our
felt cushion pockets until we couldn't get any more...
Forum: Quilting April 23rd 12, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By AllisonH
OT ? covering a new toy

On 22/04/2012 12:20 AM, J* wrote:
http://preyproject.com/
there is a video there to see how it works and the download is free.
should be straight forward to install and also user friendly as...
Forum: Quilting April 9th 12, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By AllisonH
feed dogs?

Maybe it got "corrupted" because of the little teeth like Irene
mentioned. :)
Strange how some things are taken for granted - I'd never thought about
it being a funny name until now.
Allison

On...
Forum: Quilting April 2nd 12, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By AllisonH
Newish Quilting Tool

I had a look at them online. I bet you could adapt any square ruler by
putting a couple of layers of clear mactac on the back, leaving a 1/4"
gap in the middle to mimic the groove they talk...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 12, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By AllisonH
Great news

On 22/03/2012 2:12 PM, Butterfly-Wings wrote:
Mr Joe no longer needs to see the Oncologist. He can get the regular yearly
blood tests from our Family Dr from now on. YAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm still in...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 12, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By AllisonH
Wonderful idea for a quilt show

On 17/03/2012 11:47 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Today at the Pensacola FL quilt show they had an exhibit that I thought
was terrific. Named "Quilting Does Matter". Ten or so identical quilts
about...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 12, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By AllisonH
Ping Sandy

On 14/03/2012 5:39 PM, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

This Sandy says: Get a Janome.

"nothing sews like a Bernina" (when it sews): thank goodness,
'cause nothing else acts like that, either. ...
Forum: Quilting March 9th 12, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By AllisonH
something to inspire you

On 09/03/2012 5:32 AM, Roberta wrote:
"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn
how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso,
Spanish artist

A friend sent me this quote....
Forum: Quilting March 1st 12, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By AllisonH
Quirky Question

On 29/02/2012 9:55 PM, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!
I was talking about y'all,
all y'all.
Last year I won a book from Martindale for having the
#1 answer to their weekly Quirky Question....
Forum: Quilting February 27th 12, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By AllisonH
Quilting as Exercise

On 25/02/2012 2:55 PM, NightMist wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 16:00:25 +0000, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

Thought for the day:

People who think quilting is a sedentary activity have never wrestled...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 12, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By AllisonH
Quilt Retreat Question

I think that the most important qualification for a quilt retreat is
that you love to quilt! Since you have that there shouldn't be a
problem! Have fun :)
Allison

On 20/02/2012 8:52 AM, Mary in...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 12, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By AllisonH
Pami's Obituary.

On 18/02/2012 12:01 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Our prayers for her family for comfort and thankfulness for their sweet
and faithful support are unending. Let us do that - and let us honor our
Forum: Quilting February 15th 12, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By AllisonH
Pami

On 15/02/2012 4:52 PM, Cindy from GA wrote:
Please keep Pami's husband and son in your thoughts and prayers as
Pami has left this world and gone on ahead. This has just happened.

Cindy from...
Forum: Quilting February 2nd 12, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By AllisonH
What to do? What to do?

On 02/02/2012 8:56 AM, Maureen Wozniak wrote:
I've got to fill out the entry forms for our guild's show tonight. I'm
having a tough time deciding what to put in. We can enter up to 15, I have...
Forum: Quilting January 24th 12, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By AllisonH
Kinda OT Facebook history may come back to haunt you?

Yup!! You got that right!!!
I didn't know when the final date was so this was a good reminder.
Thanks,
Allison

On 24/01/2012 3:41 PM, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
I found this interesting...
Forum: Quilting January 18th 12, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By AllisonH
The Joy of Books

On 10/01/2012 6:55 PM, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

This is ON topic because I'm sure some of those books
are about quilting. Of course they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8

Forum: Quilting January 17th 12, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By AllisonH
The Joy of Books

Oh yeah!!! - I like the idea of something for an iPod (seeing as how I
have an iPod already and who knows when I'll get an ereader or ipad!).
I've been listening to lots of podcasts but I don't like...
Forum: Quilting January 16th 12, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By AllisonH
The Joy of Books

Where can you see what free books are available? I don't think that I
would want to pay for an electronic book that I can't lend to a friend
when I'm done with it. But if a kindle is light enough...
Forum: Quilting January 12th 12, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By AllisonH
Ping Polly "One For The Money"!

I've only ever read one of her books but it was somewhere in the middle
of the series and I think I missed out on a lot because I didn't know
what happened earlier. I bet now it will be easier to...
Forum: Quilting January 11th 12, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By AllisonH
OT facebook temper, temper!

There are ways to prevent your location being tracked but generally they
are more trouble than they are worth IMHO. The only time I ever do this
is when I want to use pandora.com to listen to...
Forum: Quilting January 11th 12, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By AllisonH
The Joy of Books

Wonderful video!! I do so love book stores.... and secondhand book
stores best of all. There are always treasures to be found there.

This particular bookstore is in Toronto (Ontario Canada) so I...
Forum: Quilting January 10th 12, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By AllisonH
OT facebook temper, temper!

I have to say that a big problem with FB is that their default setting
are wide open. However it IS possible to shut things down.
For example, I checked details on my FB page settings and Polly...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 11, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By AllisonH
For Canadian Quilters

I guess Fabricland (Fabricville in Quebec) is the Canadian version of
TSWLTH. I haven't bought a pattern from them in years but I sure would
be royally p***** off if I couldn't have the inside of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 98