Showing results 1 to 25 of 189
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Denise in NH
Forum: Quilting December 14th 09, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 95
Posted By Denise in NH
Free Motion Quilters....Thanks!

the new Janome FMQ foot

I bought the new foot when I bought the new FMQ bobbin. They're great
together. The foot is about the diameter of a nickel, but it isn't flat.
I would describe it as the...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 09, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Denise in NH
The Snow Blower

Thanks, Frank, that was cute, I sent to my family in MN.

Denise, in the middle of a NH blizzard, as we speak. Sent DH out for
Chinese, just around the corner, and we're planning to hunker in for...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 09, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 95
Posted By Denise in NH
Free Motion Quilters....

I use a Janome 6500 and its new FM bobbin. Works great. I just did a
twin size with not a single rat's nest or eyelashes in sight.

Denise
Forum: Quilting August 21st 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Denise in NH
Really need some purchasing help

Frank, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Denise
Forum: Quilting August 14th 09, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Denise in NH
OT OT OT OT - QI's

I would never, ever, drive with a loose animal in the car. If the cat
or pup got spooked, (loud truck or motorcycle, etc) it could wind up
frantically jumping in the driver's lap or under his feet...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 09, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Denise in NH
OT I'm finally retired!!

I've been the director of a food pantry for 20 years and I passed the
torch today. I took the new lady to the bank and put her name on the
accounts, nice and official like. Yippee!!! No more...
Forum: Quilting August 10th 09, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Denise in NH
Janome users

Thanks everyone for your input on the FMQ bobbin holder for the Janome.
It sounds like it might be a good investment, I'll probably buy the new
foot too. I'm going to call my not so local Janome...
Forum: Quilting August 8th 09, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Denise in NH
Janome users

Hi all, I have the Janome 6500 and love it. Yesterday while at the
Lowell Quilt Festival in Massachusetts, the Janome dealer was selling a
new gadget. It was a replacement bobbin case to be used...
Forum: Quilting July 29th 09, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Denise in NH
OT how do i.....

Donna in WA said:
2 rum and cokes, eh? I'd been under the table. :)
__________________________________
I've been going to the wrong tupperware parties!

Denise
Forum: Quilting July 28th 09, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Denise in NH
TODAY is JULY 25th

I always remember July 25th. It's my wedding anniversary, 39 years.
YIKES!!

Denise
Forum: Quilting July 17th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Denise in NH
Quilt Guild Gift

Lizzy said:
How about a lanyard to hang around the neck .....
I made my own version of this with quilt material. I measured the
length I wanted by...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Denise in NH
what goes with batik?

A million years ago, when my son was a teen, he liked to wear camouflage
clothing. Someone gave him a pair they no longer wanted, he never wore
them and somehow they wound up in my closet under a...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
OT
Posted By Denise in NH
OT

I'm the director of my town's food pantry, which is run out of my
church, United Methodist. About 3 years ago, two very well dressed young
men came up the ramp to discuss their religion with us. They...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Denise in NH
OT - Baby News

WOW, Jo, and congrats!!

Denise
Forum: Quilting June 18th 09, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Denise in NH
Way OT

Maybe a White Throat Sparrow.

Denise
Forum: Quilting May 31st 09, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By Denise in NH
failing quilts was How binding?

Failed quilts? Just one, so far. I had just "the perfect blue" for my
little cousin's dolphin quilt, although I thought it seemed a little
thin. I prewashed it, no problem. Presented her with the...
Forum: Quilting May 21st 09, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Denise in NH
Super big Thanks!

I'm not sure where my stash will go upon my death, but I've already told
DH where it is NOT to go. My friend is a hoarder of material, boxes and
boxes of stuff she never looks at, nor uses, all...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Denise in NH
New Seam Ripper/ was: Darn Darn Darn (I'm Being Polite)

I have one of those new "little comb" type seam rippers, don't believe
the claim that they won't rip fabric, they can. I handed mine to a
friend and said, "Don't worry, they don't rip fabric" OOPS,...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 09, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By Denise in NH
OT Cleaning, griping & hardwood floors!

dustmopping with something more economical than a Swiffer

I have a Swiffer type thingy from QVC that came with microfiber pads
that velcro in place, love it to pieces. Two pads are...
Forum: Quilting May 11th 09, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Denise in NH
Carol Doak

Polly said:
Believe me, if I ever get to have Carol Doak here for a visit, she's not
leaving. No sireee. I'm going to keep her until I'm as smart as she is.
That could take a while....
Forum: Quilting May 6th 09, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Denise in NH
OT - another puzzle piece

Elizabeth Hasselbach from The View has just published a book about being
gluten free. She suffered from it for years before she was diagnosed.
Maybe this book could help.

Denise
Forum: Quilting April 24th 09, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 109
Posted By Denise in NH
Time for another Roll Call?

I've lived in NH my whole life, never more than a few miles from the
hospital where I was born. Married for 39 years to a guy who was born
in the same hospital, and other than when he was in the Air...
Forum: Quilting April 24th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Denise in NH
Great news

Great news!! Made my day. If I can throw a little more good news out to
the universe, my DH just got his latest cancer results, the new numbers
are way down. Yippee for both our guys!!

Denise
Forum: Quilting April 21st 09, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Denise in NH
Quilt shop help, please-Rita

Rita said:
I would be reluctant to recommend Bunkhouse ONLY because I get lost
every time I try to go there. I don't want to be held responsible for
the disappearance of your DT...
Forum: Quilting April 21st 09, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Denise in NH
Quilt shop help, please

Hi, well, being from NH, of course I'm going to suggest Keepsake in
Center Harbor, a beautiful store in a gorgeous area. . One of my other
favorites is Bunkhouse Quilts in Lyndeborough, NH.
Bits and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 189