Showing results 1 to 25 of 133
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Yarn December 16th 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
santa hat

On Dec 13, 6:48 am, Millie James wrote:

That's really cute Millie. I was thinking about making one of
those hats (if I ever get the time). I've also seen those...
Forum: Yarn November 14th 07, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Storing shawls

On Nov 11, 11:30 am, wrote:
On Nov 9, 7:40 pm, "
wrote:

Thanks Karen, Maybe I can make some of those crocheted padded...
Forum: Yarn November 14th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Storing shawls

On Nov 14, 4:43 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

Hi Mary: A couple of months ago, I made a large lacy shawl for
the HAP fund raising event. I folded it in half, then rolled...
Forum: Yarn November 11th 07, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Storing shawls

On Nov 9, 7:55 pm, "Stella Fenley" wrote:

Thank you Stella!
Marie and the cats

Hi ,could it be stored in something like a gift box that has the thin
paper
wrapped over it ...
Forum: Yarn November 11th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Katherine-keyboard purse

Hi Katherine: I was rabbit trailing around last month and came
across a really cute keyboard purse pattern. I immediately thought of
you and the keyboard scarf and sock patterns. Here is the link...
Forum: Yarn November 11th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
knitting daily

On Nov 10, 3:01 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
lucky girls

Thanks for posting that Melinda. I've bookmarked it. And...
Forum: Yarn November 10th 07, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
knitting daily

On Nov 9, 10:46 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

Did you miss them Mirjam, would you like me to send them to you?
How is your arm mending?
Marie and the cats

lucky girls
Forum: Yarn November 10th 07, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Guess what I just learned!

On Nov 9, 11:34 am, "Laura J" wrote:

That's great Laura! It always fun to learn a new way of doing
things. You're right though, I don't think I would have tried it on a
15 stitch...
Forum: Yarn November 10th 07, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Storing shawls

Does anyone have a favorite/best way of storing shawls when they are
not being worn? Right now I have mine kind of folded in half, then
rolled up. I don't want them getting squished or creased or...
Forum: Yarn November 10th 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
knitting daily

Anyone else here get the Knitting Daily newsletter? Starting about
a month ago, they starting offering a Free Pattern of the Day. The
patterns are from books such as Arans and Cables, lace books.,...
Forum: Yarn November 8th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
WHAT?????

On Nov 7, 11:26 am, "Laura J" wrote:

Thank you so much Laura! The hat is adorable. I'm printing the
pattern out right now.
Marie and the cats
Forum: Yarn November 5th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
WHAT?????

Very nice Laura, beautiful work. I love the leaf hat, what pattern
book is it from? And the teddy is so cute too.
Marie and the cats

On Nov 5, 1:21 pm, "Laura J" wrote:
Hee hee,...
Forum: Yarn November 5th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
WHAT?????

On Nov 5, 4:44 am, "DAB" wrote:
I think it is my fave yarn now and ordered 15 skeins to make myself a
sweater...I have started a Adult Surprise Jacket and can't wait to see...
Forum: Yarn November 4th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
WHAT?????

Oooh- Di.ve Teseo- I made myself a pullover sweater with the blue/
grey colors earlier this year. It's so soft, love it! Has a very
nice striping pattern too.
Marie and the cats

Nov 4, 6:45 am,...
Forum: Yarn November 4th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
WHAT?????

On Nov 3, 12:39 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Shocking, I say, shocking!!!!

For October I finished:
one giant afghan for ds2
4 hats
2 pairs of...
Forum: Yarn November 4th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
WHAT?????

What! All of your knitting stuff is in *one* room???
It's all organized and you're not planning on buying anymore? Pass me
the chocolate, we're coming right over.
Marie and the cats

On Nov 3,...
Forum: Yarn October 25th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Fires in Calif.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you. What a nightmare! I
hope that now with the winds dying down and the sea air coming in that
it will be easier for the firefighters to get control of...
Forum: Yarn October 15th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Yarn for socks

On Oct 15, 6:25 am, Leah wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:04:42 -0700, "

wrote:
Thanks Leah! I've been out to...
Forum: Yarn October 14th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Yarn for socks

On Oct 14, 4:54 am, Leah wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:36:11 -0700, "

wrote:
Thanks everybody! I learned a...
Forum: Yarn October 13th 07, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Good Morning Saturday!

Shellagh-That peacock shawl is too gorgeous for words. That's on
my *some day* list.

Hesera-don't feel bad about your Pomotomus socks. I spent 4 1/2
hours in a post op drug induced haze...
Forum: Yarn October 13th 07, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
FO: Liesel in Fiesta La Luz

The scarf is gorgeous! You did a great job on it.
Marie and the cats

On Oct 10, 3:55 pm, hesira wrote:
Hi Ya'll!

I wanted to share my latest FO. I'm stash busting, and...
Forum: Yarn October 13th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Great stash enhancer in Arlington Texas!

That sounds great. What kind of sock and sweater yarn did you
get?? Don't leave us in suspense.
Marie and the cats

On Oct 10, 8:28 pm, "Mystified One" wrote:
Spent the...
Forum: Yarn October 12th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Yarn for socks

Hi Mary, well, the reinforcement thread I got says *wooly nylon* on
the outside. It looks like a big spool of hand sewing thread and is
added to the sock yarn to give it added strength. Just knit...
Forum: Yarn October 12th 07, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Yarn for socks

Thanks everybody! I learned a lot from all of your input.
I was curious about the alpaca because the Super Joanns out here
has a new line of alpaca yarn that is on sale, and living in...
Forum: Yarn October 11th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Yarn for socks

I was wondering- has anybody here used Alpaca yarn to make socks
with? I've used a lot of wool, and was wondering if Alpaca had
similar qualities, such as being water-repellent and holding in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 133