Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: julie[_2_]
Forum: Quilting June 5th 12, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By julie[_2_]
quilt guild retreat activities

On Jun 4, 2:56*am, Kathy wrote:
Looking for suggestions - know this has been asked before and have googled
the subject and got some ideas firm that.

Thinking...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 11, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By julie[_2_]
Christmas shopping, anyone?

On Nov 30, 6:43*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I can get this on topic but I'm going to wander off since it's astounding
and delightful the hefty range of knowledge here.
* *...
Forum: Quilting October 19th 11, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By julie[_2_]
more PIQF

On Oct 18, 7:41*am, Marcella Peek wrote:
Here's another slide show of quilts from PIQF take by the owner of
Thimble Creek quilt shop in Concord. *Mine is the pineapple...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 09, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By julie[_2_]
Updated Top Quilt patchwork "Stars of Christmas in technicalPaper-Piecing

On Dec 10, 8:40*am, "Chiara" wrote:
I have place in blog an update on the Top Quilt *in flannel Stelle di
Natale" that I place down in the "current work" a few weeks...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 09, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By julie[_2_]
New Quilt

On Nov 21, 12:47*pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. *The...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By julie[_2_]
New Quilt

On Nov 21, 12:47*pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. *The...
Forum: Quilting November 8th 09, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By julie[_2_]
Fussy-cutting/Seam-matching

On Nov 8, 9:25*am, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
No, just along one side; both sides would totally destroy this fabric
(I think they make upholstery fabrics really crappy...
Forum: Quilting October 1st 09, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 52
Posted By julie[_2_]
OT Potatos

On Sep 30, 7:41*pm, Nann wrote:
I have recently read two treatises on mashed potatoes. *One is an
essay in an excellent anthology by Mark Kurlansky, "The Food of a
Forum: Quilting October 1st 09, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By julie[_2_]
Quilts in the Garden Thanks, Pauline

Thanks for the heads up Pauline! My daughter and I went to the Quilts
in the Garden show at Alden Lane Nursery.
Just lovely!!! We had such a nice time despite the heat. I looked at
all the name tags,...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 09, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By julie[_2_]
Mini Quilt

On Sep 18, 4:45*pm, "J*" wrote:
if you cant see it, its not there at all. :))
j.

"julie" * wrote *...
This is such a beautiful quilt, Mary! I still don't see the...
Forum: Quilting September 19th 09, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By julie[_2_]
Mini Quilt

On Sep 18, 4:47*pm, "maryd" wrote:
It's the way the "leaves" point.

--
Maryhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948?vhost=community

This is such a beautiful...
Forum: Quilting September 19th 09, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By julie[_2_]
Mini Quilt

On Sep 18, 4:47*pm, "maryd" wrote:
It's the way the "leaves" point.

--
Maryhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948?vhost=community

This is such a beautiful...
Forum: Quilting September 19th 09, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By julie[_2_]
Mini Quilt

On Sep 18, 2:06*pm, "maryd" wrote:
It's just above the center block.

--
Maryhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948?vhost=community"Edna Pearl"...
Forum: Quilting September 16th 09, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sep 15, 1:37*pm, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
Estelle,

Around here, fleece comes in a lot of different weights & qualities.
I would think that would be the...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 09, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 68
Posted By julie[_2_]
Classic Color Combinations

On Aug 25, 6:26*am, joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska
wrote:
The Irish Chain thread reminded me of something I've been thinking
about off and on.

Classic color combinations
Forum: Quilting August 24th 09, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By julie[_2_]
Thanks all and special thanks to Patti

On Aug 23, 1:20*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
You bet your boots, 'thanks to Patti'. *She's taught us some really neat
things. *I think my very best favorite 'Patti' is that...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

On Jul 8, 9:57*pm, "Laurie G. in CA" wrote:
Julie - I have taken Jill's classes. It doesn't matter if the dogs drop as
long as you can cover them with either a feed dog...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

On Jul 6, 11:19*am, Allison wrote:
Sometimes setting the stitch length to zero works better than dropping
the feed dog, ie, when using a darning foot- that way you get a...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

On Jul 6, 10:17*am, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Here's a link to some in depth info on the Lotus-

http://www.ismacs.net/elna/lotus.html

Leslie & The...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

On Jul 6, 7:57*am, Julia in MN jaccola-AT-chartermi-
wrote:
I'd love to have an Elna Lotus, too. I've always had Elna machines and
have liked them a lot. I think the Lotus...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

On Jul 4, 2:22*pm, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
julie wrote:
Hi there,

Sometime poster here. I am looking at an Elna Lotus to take to
quilting classes. *I...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

On Jul 4, 1:20*pm, "J*" wrote:
http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/page3.php

Julie,
a quick email to this site about the elna
you're interested in buying should be...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 09, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

On Jul 3, 7:33*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
I am so jealous! *I would love one of those.

If the feed dogs don't drop this is what you do. *Tape an index card
over the...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 09, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

On Jul 3, 6:36*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I can only speak for Elna's serger. *There's a 945 here and it is a fine
machine. *Don't know if the Lotus feed dogs drop or not....
Forum: Quilting July 4th 09, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By julie[_2_]
Elna Lotus

Hi there,

Sometime poster here. I am looking at an Elna Lotus to take to
quilting classes. I have just become enamored with machine quilting
after taking a class with Jill Shumaker. From what I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25