Showing results 1 to 25 of 124
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: KI Graham
Forum: Quilting September 27th 09, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By KI Graham
update...at last!

It's been a weird year [I'm sure that RCMP officer in Saskatchewan is STILL
talking about the two stressed women with three screaming toddlers driving
to Montreal from Vancouver!] When we got home,...
Forum: Quilting November 3rd 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By KI Graham
Quilt suggestions to honor my son ??

hmmm...if you're looking for a block with "climbing" as part of the idea,
then Jacob's Ladder probably isn't the best choice: Jacob doesn't climb the
ladder [despite the Sunday School song]; the...
Forum: Quilting November 3rd 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By KI Graham
Quilt suggestions to honor my son ??

oops...that should have been www.hht.org

God bless Scott and your family: good for him!

as for quilt? How about Mountains of one sort or...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By KI Graham
OT sort of Machines

aka the "Touch and Swear"

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

"KJ" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 26th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By KI Graham
update and thanks on Quest sewing machine

what she said: bullets and dates where possible. Short form.
"Kate G." wrote in message
The only thing I would suggest is to...
Forum: Quilting October 23rd 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By KI Graham
What would you do?

I have in the back of my head a wonderful low-contrast all
beiges/taupes/creams New York Beauty with TONS of fancy feathered quilting

Second to that is a super duper...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 08, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By KI Graham
Back with a new block

Where you from Lenore? I do road trips grin!
--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK

"Lenore L" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By KI Graham
Back with a new block

I'm unpacked, laundry's done and I've had time to think about Patchwork and
Song [part one!] It was a great trip: we met lots of wonderful people and
had a lot of laughs [plus a few tears] along...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By KI Graham
The end of the story [was Advice needed]

Here's the finished quilt....it percolated for a while, but I finally
decided that anything larger detracted from the centre. So, the final
decision was 1/2" folded red border, white binding. You...
Forum: Quilting August 27th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By KI Graham
Advice needed

yup..that's exactly the effect I was hoping for: I wanted each of the blocks
to stand apart from the others...."like items pinned on a bulletin board" is
a good description. I do plan to quilt...
Forum: Quilting August 26th 08, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By KI Graham
Advice needed

Thanks Polly! I almost made it into a "triptych" with the centre tree panel
hanging separately flanked by two panels of blocks. The only thing that
stopped me was the realization that I'd have to...
Forum: Quilting August 26th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By KI Graham
Advice needed

I've dug through my UFO pile and tackled the Sampler of Psalms quilt I
started a number of years ago. But, now I'm stymied again: to border or not
to border or how many to border...you get the...
Forum: Quilting August 26th 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By KI Graham
What do you think of Babylock?

Both my machines are Babylock: the quilter's choice professional is great
for quilting and basic piecing: fast, good stitch quality. I also have a
decorator's choice which has been great too: it...
Forum: Quilting April 3rd 08, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By KI Graham
six-pointed star

8-pointed.
There's instructions for a Lemoyne star he
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham/basic.html

The six-pointed star is the one in Seven sisters and other blocks of that
ilk.
Here's a...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By KI Graham
"Garden Walk" Block History? Help!

Studylight.org has on-line searchable Bibles: I use the site all the time
when I'm preparing the Bible Block messages for Quilters' Neighbourhood.
---
They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in...
Forum: Quilting March 17th 08, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By KI Graham
Tigger Dance!

oops...let's try again: http://wordinpatchwork.wordpress.com

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK

"KI Graham" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting March 17th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By KI Graham
Tigger Dance!

I almost forgot....I finished the Winnie-the-Pooh quilt! yippee....I didn't
like the theme fabric for this one, but I'm very happy with the finished
quilt: repurposed triangles from another project...
Forum: Quilting March 17th 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By KI Graham
March Block

This month's block is an original adaptation of a traditional block we're
calling "Brother's Keeper." Scroll down for the link at
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

This one is a bit unusual: it was...
Forum: Quilting March 13th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By KI Graham
whose quilt is this?

It's already on my website: not sure why we'd need to post it again on
yours, and yes, it is under my copyright [not the technique, but the
diagrams and the wording...and please, let's not get...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 08, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By KI Graham
whose quilt is this?

Check out the PDF..I posted the link earlier. It will give you the
formula...although I see that I made the same error when I originally wrote
the instructions [what was I thinking] and called it a...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 08, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By KI Graham
whose quilt is this?

http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham. Click on "basic blocks library" in the
neighbourhood sketch at the top of the page, then select "Triangle gems" in
the left-hand column.

Note that the A patch in...
Forum: Quilting March 10th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By KI Graham
Charity quilt question?

Deadline has come and gone [here it's February 29th...I just issued all the
receipts for our church!]. I was very careful to word the donation in such a
way that it was clear a receipt was...
Forum: Quilting March 10th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By KI Graham
Charity quilt question?

Here's the quilt:
http://members.shaw.ca/whiskerwerx/gallery/quilts/kims/pages/Lightsof_jpg.htm
It was donated to a Child Development Agency for them to auction. At my
husband's request, we put a...
Forum: Quilting March 8th 08, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By KI Graham
Temple court Help!

Spent the better part of yesterday trying to do a variation on this
traditional block...now I find out the technique is 'four patch posy" for
that stack-and-whack type of centre. That was the easy...
Forum: Quilting March 5th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By KI Graham
Tips for a "Hug" Quilt of sorts.

Did you catch the post about the Hug quilt we made? It's here at:
http://members.shaw.ca/quiltneighbour/Hugs/
there's a link under the photo links to "what we did" for my suggestions.
This project...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 124