Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: suzee[_2_]
Forum: Yarn June 21st 09, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

Linda D. wrote:
On Jun 20, 7:06 pm, suzee wrote:
Linda D. wrote:
On Jun 20, 10:15 am, "DA" wrote:
"Linda D." wrote in...
Forum: Yarn June 21st 09, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

Linda D. wrote:
On Jun 20, 10:15 am, "DA" wrote:
"Linda D." wrote in message

Forum: Yarn June 11th 09, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By suzee[_2_]
five minute chocolate cake

Olwyn Mary wrote:
I got this one from a friend. He said he used slightly less sugar,
therefore so did I, and he used raisins not chocolate chips. I didn't
have any choc. chips on hand, so I...
Forum: Yarn June 8th 09, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Looking for old Patons baby patterns

Linda D. wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm having a real challenge trying to locate some old Patons leaflets,
and you are going to think I'm whacky wanting them. Hmmm...I'm among
friends, so maybe...
Forum: Yarn June 3rd 09, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By suzee[_2_]
not-so-evil enabling: free patterns (5)!!

Bernadette wrote:
suzee wrote:

BradJones wrote:
BradJones had written this in response to

http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/not-so-evil-enabling-free-patterns-5-19442-.htm
:

Forum: Yarn June 3rd 09, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

BradJones wrote:
BradJones had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/not-so-evil-enabling-free-patterns-5-19442-.htm
:

YarnWright wrote:

KonaBay has 5 FREE...
Forum: Yarn June 3rd 09, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

BradJones wrote:
BradJones had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/not-so-evil-enabling-free-patterns-5-19442-.htm
:

YarnWright wrote:

KonaBay has 5 FREE...
Forum: Yarn May 26th 09, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Help with knitting instructions

wrote:
On May 25, 10:12 am, suzee wrote:
DA wrote:

You put the dec on the next row directly over the previous one. It
might help to place a...
Forum: Yarn May 25th 09, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

DA wrote:

You put the dec on the next row directly over the previous one. It
might help to place a piece of yarn or removeable stitch marker around
the stitch that was the result of...
Forum: Yarn May 25th 09, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Help with knitting instructions

wrote:
On May 24, 5:47 pm, "DA" wrote:
wrote in message

Forum: Yarn May 10th 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Odd pattern instructions

DA wrote:

Thanks for the help. Your interpretation makes it much clearer. I
think my
brain was seeing 6th and 7th instead of the way it was written.

DA

Don`t feel like that it...
Forum: Yarn May 8th 09, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Odd pattern instructions

DA wrote:
Would anyone like to guess what this means?

dec 1 st at the beg of 6th and 7 foll 4th rows.

I have checked the publishers site for corrections, but there are none.

DA

Dec...
Forum: Yarn April 14th 09, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Why no # 12 knitting needes?

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Gerald & Donna McIntosh wrote:
Hi! Was just working on my latest modelstitching job (re-knitting
sweater on # 13 needles)
and got to...
Forum: Yarn April 13th 09, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Why no # 12 knitting needes?

Gerald & Donna McIntosh wrote:
Hi! Was just working on my latest modelstitching job (re-knitting sweater
on # 13 needles)
and got to wondering why needles jump from #11 to #13..Anyone got...
Forum: Yarn March 22nd 09, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Red Heart Super Saver

Lee wrote:
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:35:37 -0400, wrote
(in article
):

On Mar 11, 3:26�pm, Ana...
Forum: Yarn March 1st 09, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Continental Style knitting

Linda D. wrote:
On Feb 28, 12:14 pm, suzee wrote:
The videos are misleading. I don't make such large movements with my
right hand, it barely leaves the needle. And the...
Forum: Yarn March 1st 09, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Continental Style knitting

lucille wrote:

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
suzee wrote:
L wrote:

I KNOW 'continental style' knitting (where the...
Forum: Yarn February 28th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Continental Style knitting

L wrote:
I KNOW 'continental style' knitting (where the yarn is held in the left
hand, as in crochet) is faster than 'American style' (where you hold the
yarn in your right hand and 'throw'...
Forum: Yarn January 27th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By suzee[_2_]
12" knitting needle question

starla torres wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
starla torres wrote:
I am thinking about ordering some 12 inch knitting...
Forum: Yarn January 27th 09, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By suzee[_2_]
12" knitting needle question

starla torres wrote:
I am thinking about ordering some 12 inch knitting needles to make some
baby hats. Has anyone used them? And how did they like them? I use
double point needles, but...
Forum: Yarn January 19th 09, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By suzee[_2_]
help with understanding "basket weave stitch"

wrote:
Sue & Mirjam,

Thanks for the help. I didn't know that the backside of a knit is a
Purl. That makes a big difference in understanding the basket weave
Forum: Yarn January 16th 09, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By suzee[_2_]
circular needle bind off

semajrn wrote:
I am knitting a hat from the crown to the rim on circular needles, and
want to
know the technique for "binding off" while on circular needles. I cannot
find any
video...
Forum: Yarn January 16th 09, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By suzee[_2_]
How many strand worsted to make bulky

Gerald & Donna McIntosh wrote:
My DSIL (who doesn't do crafty! ) wants to make the Martha Stewart No-Knit
scarf
which is on her website..and I was wondering how many strands of worsted to
Forum: Yarn January 15th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By suzee[_2_]
help with understanding "basket weave stitch"

wrote:
Hi folks,

I have just begun to learn how to knit and I am trying to learn how to
Purl so that I can try to make a basket weave stitch. I have seen some
Forum: Yarn January 6th 09, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By suzee[_2_]
Trouble understanding Knitting Pattern - Dog Coat

we4davis wrote:
we4davis had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Re-Trouble-understanding-Knitting-Pattern-Dog-Coat-26186-.htm
:
Hi Pecan -
I've scanned the pattern...