Showing results 1 to 25 of 459
Search took 1.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Olwyn Mary
Forum: Yarn June 11th 09, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By Olwyn Mary
five minute chocolate cake

I got this one from a friend. He said he used slightly less sugar,
therefore so did I, and he used raisins not chocolate chips. I didn't
have any choc. chips on hand, so I also substituted...
Forum: Needlework June 11th 09, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Five minute chocolate cake.

I got this one from a friend. He said he used slightly less sugar,
therefore so did I, and he used raisins not chocolate chips. I didn't
have any choc. chips on hand, so I also substituted...
Forum: Needlework June 11th 09, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By Olwyn Mary
OFF TOPIC - looking for opinions

ellice wrote:

Get a bigger basin ;^p I've never been fond of cowhide upholstery, and
definitely not on ornate Victoriana. For that matter, I'm really not fond
of typical Victorian style...
Forum: Needlework June 8th 09, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Olwyn Mary
OFF TOPIC - boy do I feel old all of a sudden

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote

"Dawne Peterson" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote

Yesterday, DS got his license. Being a loving mom or complete push over,
Forum: Needlework June 6th 09, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Shops in Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Reno

Monica Ferris wrote:

This started with an invitation to speak at the 2010 EGA national
convention in Salt Lake City. Flying is such an enormous hassle
nowadays and I have fond memories of...
Forum: Needlework June 5th 09, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Who stitches outside

Karen C in California wrote:

I had a nice stitching nest set up on my front porch before it was made
inaccessible by other people stacking stuff between the door and the bench.

I'm going...
Forum: Yarn June 2nd 09, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Coton vests @Shawls

wrote:
it is Hot and everywhere they start A/C , and i don`t feel so good
with it ,, thus Cotton vests and shawls are the Answer ...
mirjam

Ever since I came to North...
Forum: Needlework June 1st 09, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Olwyn Mary
*Another* birthday!!!

Joan E. wrote:
Happy birthday to you,
Happy biiirthdaaay to yooouuu,
Happy birthday, dear Gillliiiiiiaaaaaaannnnnn,
Haaappyyyy biiiirrrrrrthdaaaaayyyyy tooooo yoooooouuuuuuu!

And...
Forum: Needlework May 31st 09, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Olwyn Mary
OT. Tech advice needed.

Jinx Minx wrote:
Piggybacking on Dianne's recommendation, I can also highly recommend
newegg.com if you go the new PC route. Their prices usually can't be beat,
and their customer service is...
Forum: Needlework May 31st 09, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Olwyn Mary
OT. Tech advice needed.

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
Regarding purchasing a new one: have you tried Tiger Direct? That's
where we almost always get our PCs. They have XP- and Vista-ready
machines. I have not looked...
Forum: Needlework May 30th 09, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Olwyn Mary
OT. Tech advice needed.

As I mentioned the other day, I made the mistake of taking my laptop to
a "professional". It still is not right, and I have my suspicions that
this guy is either incompetent or makes sure the...
Forum: Needlework May 29th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 56
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Traveling tea cozy

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Olwyn Mary" wrote
Dawne Peterson wrote:

"Bruce Fletcher wrote

IMHO a "proper" tea cozy should be knitted not sewn
--

I dunno--I have a red...
Forum: Needlework May 29th 09, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Bruce Fletcher wrote

IMHO a "proper" tea cozy should be knitted not sewn
--

I dunno--I have a red plaid one that was my Grandma's that is extremely
Forum: Needlework May 28th 09, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Have a great birthday. May you get the work finished in time to
celebrate (and sniff).

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Forum: Needlework May 23rd 09, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Excessive spam all of a sudden

Karen C in California wrote:

You mean the guys who F-ed up both my computers last year have moved to
NOLA?

The first one came back with a virus program that didn't play well with
the...
Forum: Needlework May 23rd 09, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Excessive spam all of a sudden

Olwyn Mary wrote:

I wondered what you were all talking about until I went over to Google
Groups. Mozilla Thunderbird seems to do an excellent job of screening
out these things (but it...
Forum: Needlework May 22nd 09, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Excessive spam all of a sudden

I wondered what you were all talking about until I went over to Google
Groups. Mozilla Thunderbird seems to do an excellent job of screening
out these things (but it occasionally drops real...
Forum: Sewing May 15th 09, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Best fabric for placemats and napkins?

Pat wrote:
Can anyone tell me of the best fabric for making placemats and napkins that
won't wrinkle and curl and need to be ironed? I want something that comes
out of the dryer looking...
Forum: Needlework May 7th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Olwyn Mary
support gloves

Gerald & Donna McIntosh wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad but there's two of them (DDs that is!) and both
teens! Come next month
those rooms are getting cleaned though....DH is taking them to...
Forum: Yarn May 7th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Olwyn Mary
support gloves

Gerald & Donna McIntosh wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad but there's two of them (DDs that is!) and both
teens! Come next month
those rooms are getting cleaned though....DH is taking them to...
Forum: Yarn May 7th 09, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Olwyn Mary
support gloves

Susan Hartman wrote:

https://www.theraglove.com/products.html

(I know just what you mean about DD's room....my DD's room is a black
hole.)

Sue
Forum: Needlework May 7th 09, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Olwyn Mary
support gloves

Susan Hartman wrote:

https://www.theraglove.com/products.html

(I know just what you mean about DD's room....my DD's room is a black
hole.)

Sue
Forum: Needlework May 4th 09, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Olwyn Mary
What global finance crisis?

Read it more carefully, people. The hotelier took the original E100
banknote to pay off his debts, therefore when the rich tourist came
downstairs and demanded his money back, it was no longer...
Forum: Needlework May 2nd 09, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Ping! Karen C.

Karen C in California wrote:
Olwyn Mary wrote:

(This is the second weekend of JazzFest. How come you aren't
occupying my guestroom?????)

Because my boys aren't in N'Awlins;...
Forum: Needlework May 1st 09, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Olwyn Mary
Ping! Karen C.

Karen C in California wrote:
Olwyn Mary wrote:

The current ASG (American Sewing Guild) magazine has a glowing report
of a fabric store near you, J R Flamingo Fine Fabrics & More, 1139
Showing results 1 to 25 of 459