Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jeanne-nzlstar*
Forum: Quilting May 4th 09, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Welcome Back Jeanne

not sure how much use i am.
CRS has set in permanently here.
dont know what i'm doing most of the time.
dont really care what i'm doing most of the time.
i hope i wake up soon.
j.

"Dee in Oz"...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 09, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Disappearing Nine Patch - Math help

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/190572914ZCKoLS

fwiw,
j.
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 09, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Reach Your Goal by Affirming and Visualizing!

i've spent the past 42 full days every day saying dozens of times, over and
over and over again...
i want my son back.
i'm still waiting. :((
do ya think its gonna happen?
that poster is on my block...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 09, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Back, at last!

wow, that is a heck of a lot of plastic bags for sure.
ya could maybe crochet a nice plastic raincoat.
it would be waterproof afterall, eh.
j.

"lenorel95" wrote...
I've thought about cutting those...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 09, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Success!

rofl, there are times i dont get dressed til 3:30pm.
so go for it Lenore. just dont turn on the webcam if you are online.
you never know who is watch'n ya, lol.
j.

"dbeitzell" wrote...
Honey, if...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 09, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
biblical quilt blocks

my first thot was 'who cares'...me not being one bit religious.
then i thot i'd go have a look, curiosity, doncha...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 09, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Sewing Machine questions

i had the same problem years ago.
i unplugged the whole foot pedal assembly from the machine.
unscrewed all the screws i found on the outside so i could get into it to
check the metal...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 09, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Charm Quilts

2 x 3 inch finished will give you 24 fabrics for 1 x 12inch finished block.
96 scraps gives you 4 x 12" blocks.
480 scraps gives you 20 x 12" blocks.
thats a 4 x 5 layout. tho on point is bigger...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Trip to the Amish Country

i must be thinking differently than the rest of the world.
Berlyn and Berlin both sound the same to me.
is there anyway to clarify the difference?
j.

"John" wrote...
The largest extant Amish...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 09, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
OT Cookies!

they sound delicious, Taria.
just copy/pasted that recipe to try out, maybe for St Pats Day.
i'll have to cut the recipe in half tho. just dh and i would eat'em.
we went up to SILs house on sunday to...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 09, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Question for the vegans

i'm probably way off base but i shall ask nonetheless.
i was of the understanding that soy is used as a filler in lots of prepared
foods?
i'd therefore assume it shows on the labelling somewhere.
if...
Forum: Quilting February 17th 09, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Put yourself on the map - not OT

i've been on the map for yonks.
j.

"Dee in Oz" wrote...
I have been there for a long time.
Sharon has disapeared, but I still found Cheryl, Fay, Leigh and Trish.
Dee in Oz

"Megan Zurawicz"...
Forum: Quilting February 17th 09, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Completely OT; Baking Question

the cake is great, i love lemon cake...
but those cake eaters are the beez kneez.
they are just adorable, well done all of you. :))

we really need to taste that cake to really know how well it...
Forum: Quilting February 17th 09, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
OT Valentines Flowers, not in fabric...was Last chance for Directory!

flowers usually are fun to deliver.
i hated the day i had the a delivery to a sweet 17yo lass, her first ever
flowers from a boy.
she was bouncing off the clouds and i was feeling her joy right along...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 09, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
ot- WD-40 uses

ooooooooooh, thanks, Jenn.
i just think of WD40 as something used in the garage or outside, not inside.
so i read yours, then went googling and found this company site with more...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
valentines card

yup, way too clever for words.
well done you!!
j.

"Patti" wrote...
You clever so and so!!
..
"Estelle Gallagher " writes
I realised last night that DH was giving me a card so quickly made a...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 09, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
OT Valentines Flowers, not in fabric...was Last chance for Directory!

being a Saturday the florists had way fewer delivery orders, this is
typical.
tho i think there were less actual sales there too. i guess we'll find out
on monday when dh is back at work.
all these...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 09, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Something really fun!

real clothes???
why am i questioning this.
i'm sure the reply'll be sumpin i just dont understand.
i dont understand much tho.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...
snipped
Back when I wore 'real'...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 09, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Snowbird Advice Needed

hand piecing, EPP, hand applique, hand quilting,
designing new quilts on the computer, designing new quilts on paper.
branch out into new areas as you move south for the winter.
lots to do without a...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 09, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
Last chance for Directory!

i did it. wasnt sure but then i got in a panic when i realized we were
nearly done.
sorry. brain is mush, nothing new there, i hear some of you mumbling.
you thot i couldnt hear you but i can. hrmph...
Forum: Quilting February 13th 09, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
OT computer help needed

oh, i thot it was in its usual posi.
ok so i'll stop worrying about you and stop trying to think of a fix for it.
i shall wait til you get all better and on the move properly again and the
puter is...
Forum: Quilting February 13th 09, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
questions about the Eleanor Burns video and method of making flying geese

yup, thats the one i use too.
spent two days one weekend on my own and made 150 of those little honkers.
just worked assembly line method, cut, sew, press, cut, sew, press.
alternating as i got tired...
Forum: Quilting February 13th 09, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
OT computer help needed

oh rats, i was sure i could remove that flap somehow but i'm not clever
enough i guess.
i do wish i could be more help.
i know what a big fat pita 'tis when you cant physically do what you want to...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 09, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
OT computer help needed

what type of computer is it?
mine also has a flap on the front to hide the usb ports.
the flap lifts up. i dont use the ports but i do lift it now and then to
clean out the dust that...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 09, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By jeanne-nzlstar*
OT computer help needed

i dont know how old it all is but i'm sure with a little bit of perseverance
you could get all those updates on the drivers and install them all by
yourself.
holler if we can help here.
there is a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500