Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sandy Ellison
Forum: Quilting July 1st 09, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Sandy Ellison
"The Perils of Sunbonnet Sue" Quilt

Howdy!

I remember this from years ago; it went along w/ the
Bad Sue quilts, where Sue was doing some pret-ty "bad" stuff,
murder, bank robbing, prostitution, drowning small critters,
Lizzy Sue w/...
Forum: Quilting July 1st 09, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Cleaning tips Some good news!

Howdy!

Oh, sure, that works, but sometimes the feeling of those
rings against the fillings in my teeth... fair makes me cringe, it does.

;-D

R/Sandy- enjoying the good news, quilt-related & all
Forum: Quilting June 18th 09, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Sandy Ellison
SM quilting in drag

Howdy!

This is when Kathyl discovers that the spool of thread is actually
2" shorter than she thought. g

R/Sandy -always leave the felt pad on there because that's what the
home-ec teacher...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandy Ellison
surviving floors!

Howdy!

The bathroom is starting off w/ yellow walls, then I'll play w/ them
until they have a more ... I dunno'.. different treatment. g
Clean, that's what I'm going for, clean!
No quilts in that...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 09, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Quilt Quotes Help locating fabric

Howdy!

These are more fun:
http://www.loraliedesigns.com/FabricShow/

Quotes:
http://www.alwaysquilting.com.au/ThreadsOnline/talking_quilt_quotes.htm#Nine
(I've never done biz...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 09, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandy Ellison
surviving floors!

Howdy!

Mmmm-hmm. I did the kitchen flooring myself, twice.
Last 2 houses we owned, I put down the peel&stick tiles in a
red brick pattern. It's not hard, a little annoying to peel a layer of
skin...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 09, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Sandy Ellison
MORE Questions about Crazy Quilts

Howdy!

At the risk of repeating other posts (really, I don't care if I
repeat other posts): a quarter yard of fabric would traditionally
be 9"x 42" (maybe 44" but let's get real). A long skinny...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Cool Fabric Concept!

Howdy!

When I worked at the lqs in another age...
okay, it was 15 yrs ago... I first saw this type of tinting/shading
on one piece, for quilt fabrics. One line was called "gradated"
which I didn't...
Forum: Quilting June 12th 09, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandy Ellison
surviving floors!

Howdy!

Oh, mercy! You got that right!
We not only found stuff we'd forgotten (by moving other stuff),
but there are a couple of things I don't recognize- I didn't bring them
home! Ah,...
Forum: Quilting June 10th 09, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Sandy Ellison
quilt show Questions about Crazy Quilts

Howdy!

fairly sizeable regional quilt show

Oh, NOW you tell us. g

So, what did Mrs.Doc bring home from the quilt show? Hmmmm?
Itemized list w/ details of where the new stash resides, please. ...
Forum: Quilting June 10th 09, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sandy Ellison
quilting in folk music video

Howdy!

Note that in 1955 Nix was NOT prez, but v.p.
(from the blurb on youtube).

W/ a little more "colorful" language it could be my mom's
family in Kentucky. Handquilting: excellent!

R/Sandy -...
Forum: Quilting June 10th 09, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Timeless Treasures Kitchenette ...was Crazy 8 fabric

Howdy!

http://www.ttfabrics.net/cgi-bin/fabricshop/gallery.cgi?Category=431

....making me hungry...

http://www.ttfabrics.net/patterns/

R/Sandy
Forum: Quilting June 10th 09, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Poufing quilt top!

Howdy!

The secret is to get a girdle for a 1000-lb gorilla;
then it just slips right on.

Poufing quilt top: I dunno'. Is that a problem? g

R/Sandy - w/ the floor installers here for the 3rd...
Forum: Quilting June 9th 09, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Crazy 8 fabric

Howdy!

From the Fat Quarter Shop (in Texas!),
Sandy Gervais' Crazy 8 panel:
http://tinyurl.com/mlxdll

Too cute! The entire collection is gorgeous,
and fun!

Cheers!
Forum: Quilting June 8th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Sandy Ellison
scissors HAPPY DANCING -- BIG TIME!!!!

Howdy!

The ones I can find.
;-)

R/Sandy

On 6/6/09 12:05 AM, in article , "Kate in MI"
wrote:
Forum: Quilting June 6th 09, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Sandy Ellison
HAPPY DANCING -- BIG TIME!!!!

Howdy!

This makes me happy dance:
http://www.123stitch.com/Scissors.html

Way to go, Roberta! ;-D

Katherine, congrats on the score,
"and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeee!"
Forum: Quilting June 4th 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Questions about Crazy Quilts

Howdy!

hmm... no, yes, no...
Make what you like, Rebel.
Some of the best quilt(er)s ignore the "rules".

R/Sandy - one of those quilters ;-

On 6/3/09 8:51 AM, in article
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 09, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By Sandy Ellison
transplanting male clothing

Howdy!

He's also cute, and very, very nice. ;-)

Cheers!
R/Sandy

On 6/2/09 2:37 AM, in article ,
"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote:
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 09, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Binding repair?

Howdy!

I'd run a line of stitching all the way around the quilt, 1/4" or so from
the edge, adding a little security to the integrity of the quilt,
then add the binding. If you wash the new(er)...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 09, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Binding repair?

Howdy!

There is some nice, old fabric available; it takes some hunting
to find it. g DellaJane (Alice is one of the RCTQ baseball swappers)
offers older fabric in her "garage sale", as well as...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 09, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sandy Ellison
stash raid? What binding?

Howdy!

Oops, beg pardon, I misspelled your name, Dannielle.
Blame it on my distraught state over that cruel remark about
stash guards... .

R/Sandy
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 09, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sandy Ellison
What binding?

Howdy!

Well, until you put the warning out there about your
stash being protected (I mean, Well! Really! As if this bunch of
lovely quilty types would even THINK of such a thing...)
and nearly...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 09, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Kaffe's Tumblers

Howdy!

Be still my heart! I love me some Kaffe quilts!!

WTG, Joan.

R/Sandy

On 5/31/09 8:32 AM, in article
Forum: Quilting May 31st 09, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Charity Quilts

Howdy!

That's what I like to do, Gen, keep them on hand to be prepared.
When I hear of someone I know who needs a quilt or whose loved one
needs a quilt (Hi, B-fly's sis), I can pull a Finished...
Forum: Quilting May 31st 09, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Sandy Ellison
Happy Birthday, Piglet! HB Pami

Howdy!

Hope it's been fun; hope it's quilty, hope there's chocolate,
hope you share the cake.
Hope you celebrate for at least a week!

Cheers & Hugs,
Ragmop/Sandy - Queen of Beggars, & how you have...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500