Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Forum: Quilting January 30th 17, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Sailboat Quilt and More

Hello Brian,
This is the correct quilt from McCall's and thank you for posting it for me. It was fun to make. I used red,green and brown colors of same fabric for the boats. Now about that 5...
Forum: Quilting January 28th 17, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Sailboat Quilt and More

Where has everyone gone as my Christmas greeting was the last post??
Just finished a sailboat quilt for a boys bed. Think the pattern came from McCall's quilting. It had 4-half squares for the...
Forum: Quilting December 24th 16, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Right now I am taking a couple of months off on quilt making. This will keep me from having a burnt out. Both of my sewing machines are in the shop for repair and cleaning. I feel like My right...
Forum: Quilting November 14th 16, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
From Sea to Shinning Sea

Hello Brian,
You are a life saver as I had put 2 "n"s in shining and when I went to that address got nothing but the web sight. If you were here I would give you a hug, so consider this done. ...
Forum: Quilting November 13th 16, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
From Sea to Shinning Sea

This is my newest quilt and there were a lot of squares and rectangles to cut out. I used 5 different blues; light, medium and dark and 5 different beige,cream and very light tans. When sewn together...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 16, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Repairing a quilt, part 2

Hello Brian,
My grandmother use to make and repair quilts even though she never had a sewing machine but did everything by hand. I did a lot of watching, when quilts started wearing, especially...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 16, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Lavender Love Quilt

Hello Di,
I thought the quilt was exquisite too and have really enjoyed making it.. It was easy to do and think I may make another one in the future. It was actually fun to do. You might want...
Forum: Quilting November 8th 16, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Lavender Love Quilt

Brian, I thank you for your help again.
Sandy$
Forum: Quilting November 5th 16, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Lavender Love Quilt

This is the quilt I have just started on. My colors are different as I am using two prints that are the same but different colors. One a pale yellow background print and the other light blue print....
Forum: Quilting October 28th 16, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Teaching Quilting

Hello Brian,
There are lots of quilt sewing on Missouri Star Quilting Co. and Rob Appell works for them. We get the mans take on quilting.
I have always had Brother sewing machines and...
Forum: Quilting October 25th 16, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Jumping for Joy or Rather Jumping for Floristas

Hello Brian,
Thank you for coming thru for me again. That is the correct quilt.
Sandy$
Forum: Quilting October 24th 16, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Jumping for Joy or Rather Jumping for Floristas

This quilt is in Quiltmaker magazine Nov/Dec 2016 issue. They show it as a throw but I will make more blocks and am making it wider and longer. These are 9 inch blocks. Original shows frogs but I...
Forum: Quilting October 24th 16, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Writing my name

Hello Brian,
I tried to use a sharpie with perm. ink but it bled into the fabric so glad you didn't use that method. You can always embroidery manually with a chain stitch if you think you need...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 16, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Sea Glass Quilt

Hello Brian,
It was the first entry you gave from McCalls Quilts. I made my quilt just a tad smaller with 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks long. It is still a good size quilt because of all the...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 16, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Sea Glass Quilt

This is my latest quilt and just started it. One I call a no brainer yet time consuming. My quilt will be 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks long. When you add in the 2 1/2 inch sashing it makes the quilt...
Forum: Quilting September 17th 16, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
String Quilts and more

Hello Night Mist,
I thank you for all this information on felt and what it does and does not do. The quilt when done will be tied and not quilted traditionally so that part will not be a...
Forum: Quilting September 14th 16, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
String Quilts and more

I painted the eyes in on my two fish quilts instead of using buttons. I really don't like buttons on quilts except wall hangings. I used paint that says it is for fabric, wood, glass and etc. Only...
Forum: Quilting August 31st 16, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
2nd Fishy Quilt Top

I had so much material left over that I am making a second fishy quilt. It will be nothing like the first quilt. I had 4 small fish appliqued but didn't not use because they were too small for the...
Forum: Quilting August 31st 16, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
It's been a long time...

Hello Amy,
Missouri Star Quilt Co. has a tutorial out on this chicken. You might try to google it. www.missouristarquiltco.com/chicken pincushion

Just type the whole line in because for...
Forum: Quilting August 27th 16, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Fishy Business

Hello Brian,
Have to thank you again for helping me with my internet address. Glad we have you to help us gals. I don't know why my computer did not highlight the whole address but you do have...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 16, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Fishy Business

Hello Barbara,
I had to type in the whole line including the not highlighted part.
Sandy$
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 16, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Fishy Business

This is the quilt I am working on except mine is a full size quilt. It will be 10 inch blocks with 6 blocks across and 7 blocks long, alternating water block then fish. I plan on putting an inner 2...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 16, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Jacobs Ladder Quilt

Hello Brian,
Yes, this is the quilt I am making but I made my half squares differently than what they show. Make 8 at one time. I used 2 different materials but in same color range for the...
Forum: Quilting July 26th 16, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Sewing for my new apt. and more

Hello Barbara,
Glad you are also sewing. I really enjoy making things and when I make something for another person or group, it makes me feel good inside. Think you know what I mean. Keep...
Forum: Quilting July 24th 16, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Sewing for my new apt. and more

I have not done much sewing lately except for my apt. I made new Valances for the kitchen and dinning room and my other valances for the 2 bedrooms and living room was able to use the old ones and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 120