Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cindy Schmidt
Forum: Quilting September 1st 10, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Holding on to a quilt

Oh Nel - I could ALWAYS use a nifty lifter in more ways than one...

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

"Sartorresartus" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting August 29th 10, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Silly question

Oh thank goodness that it's happened to someone else. Not to wish pain on
anyone but I was beginning to think that I was weird.

They are almost done. Six more sleeves to put on tomorrow and then...
Forum: Quilting August 29th 10, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Silly question

Have you ever stuck yourself with a pin and have it immediately turn purple?
Can't tell you how many times I've stuck myself while making these flags but
now that I'm almost done, I went to grab a...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 10, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
China Silk Fabric

Well I'm almost done with the flags and I've got a lot of scraps to offer
again. Anyone interested????? Colors this time around are black, yellows
and pinks.

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be...

Nothing quilty....

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
What are you stitching just now?
Forum: Quilting August 14th 10, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
OT - Ironing

You've never washed your ironing board cover? Really? I have on many
occasions. Guess this will be a new top of discussion. How many of you
have washed your covers?????

--
Cindy from GA
(but...

No I haven't thought of that but am in kind of a hurry right now. I am on a
huge deadline with this fabric since it was sent to me late, I got a very,
very late start on these things and now I'm...
Forum: Quilting August 14th 10, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
OT - Ironing

Quick question -

I am working with some really silky fabrics and they are really full of
static when ironing. Do you think it would be ok to spray my ironing board
with Static Guard and then...
Forum: Quilting August 14th 10, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
OT The Blonde Efficiency Expert sez-

Oh my - I miss hearing stories about the Hairy Butt Gang. What a picture
that is running around in my mind.

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Maybe someone can explain this to me because I am sooooooo confused.

Ok, so Wal-mart has gone across the country and taken out all of their
fabric departments, then slowly Jelly Rolls were making...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 10, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Will will I learn

Thanks Kim. I can't even imagine trying to wrestle 800 yards of this cotton
picking fabric. I'd go completely bonkers.

I am by no way a master sewist but I do enjoy making these flags for the...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 10, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Will will I learn

Kathyl ~ no she was a member of the group for 4 years and they lost one of
their instructors at the end of last year. They hired my daughter to be
involved with the dance movement part of it...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 10, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Will will I learn

Well Rusty mine is for a Missouri high school. It's the one that my
daughter graduated from in 09 and she is now an assistant colorguard coach.
I have 73 of these suckers to make and I hate the...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 10, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Will will I learn

You would think that after 5 years of sewing colorguard flags, twice a year
now that I would be more careful when sewing them.

I can't tell you how many times just tonight alone that I have had to...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 10, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Question about 15-91

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

"Sandy E" wrote in message
Howdy!
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 10, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Question about 15-91

Ok so now I'm really confused. Dollar amounts of $25 up to $300. I don't
know what to do now. I wasn't in the market for a new machine. Just
browsing while he was looking at mine and he pointed...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 10, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
15-91

Thanks for the info Leslie. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't being
taken. I did go to Ebay and seen that some of them are around $100 plus
shipping. But since I can't test drive those,...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 10, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Question about 15-91

IF you were in a repair shop and seen a cute little 15-91 sitting in a
generic plastic cabinet with just a couple of extra attachments - what would
you pay for it??????

Scroll work is...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 10, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Pam headed to hospital

Yeah she said earlier that her arm was numb and the Dr. had run some tests
on her and she failed. So off she goes. She packed a bag just in case.

Good thoughts, prayers and whatever else you got...
Forum: Quilting June 29th 10, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
I'm not in the mood....

I have finally figured out (which I think I've known for awhile but didn't
want to admit) why I have been in such a funk since moving. Doctor is now
treating me for depression.

Had to pick out a...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 10, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
I'm not in the mood....

Here's another one that's not in the mood. I've got this nice, new BIG
sewing room and I want to do NOTHING. I've got everything put away and in
it's place (which is odd) but the machine is out,...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Vintage fabric

Before I left Missouri, I was given a huge bag of all cotton fabrics. I
have finally gotten around to seeing exactly what is in there. Several
yardages so far but there are a couple in there that...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 10, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Speaking of Facebook - NOT OT

Debbi -

I loved it when I first seen it and thought that it would make a cute quilt
but then happened to get screwed again with people dropping out.

I was finally going through the blocks...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 10, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Speaking of Facebook - NOT OT

6 1/2 unfinished

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

"Allison" wrote in message
Cindy Schmidt wrote:
Sunny...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 10, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Cindy Schmidt
Speaking of Facebook - NOT OT

Sunny -

Here is the link to the pics.

It's just white on white in the center and batiks in the corners.

http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/floating_stars_4.htm

--
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500