Showing results 1 to 25 of 123
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Queen City x-stitcher
Forum: Needlework June 17th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Half done with Noah's Ark

Joan E. wrote:
On Jun 16, 4:06 pm, Queen City x-stitcher
wrote:

I added the ladybug, but now it seems to look like a bloated tick. Ugh!!

LOL Maybe if you took the legs...
Forum: Needlework June 16th 08, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Half done with Noah's Ark

My sister asked me to do a Noah's Ark for her new son's room. This was
in Just Cross Stitch a couple of years back as an afghan pattern. I'm
stitching it on 28 ct Lugana on Key Lime. It has the...
Forum: Needlework May 17th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 65
Needle storage and use

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Yes, and Sue Hawkins has beauties. I have done some of hers (always
easy to assemble) and someone at my Guild is just doing one of her
scissor fobs which is...
Forum: Needlework May 11th 08, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Shops in San Diego, CA

John Quinn wrote:
We are moving this summer to San Diego and was wondering if there are
any shops that you would recommend.

John

My DDil Ayako and I managed to get to Cross-A-Stitch in...
Forum: Needlework April 18th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
San Diego Area

I will be in the San Diego area (National City) next week. So where are
the needlework stores hiding in the area. I lived at Camp Pendleton more
than 20 years ago and I am sure there must be a...
Forum: Needlework March 7th 08, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Ladybugs for Cheryl & BobbieV

Gill Murray wrote:

Gill Murray wrote:
These are cute. The Ladybug March is a freebie!

http://www.veeandco.com./4679/index.html

http://www.veeandco.com./3112.html
Forum: Needlework March 1st 08, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
On this snowy day

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Lots of snow here.
I have to get some baby things out for a friend of DH's (he'd do it but
he's headed to a funeral tomorrow AM).

I have to go dig out old baby...
Forum: Needlework February 26th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 151
OT - Words

MargW wrote:
Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Trish Brown" wrote .
BTW (sorry, people out the I'm only human) *I've* read 'Let
Stalk Strine' in the original, so *there*! And I'm not telling...
Forum: Needlework February 10th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
F.James Crispwell

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
"Queen City x-stitcher" wrote in message

Jim,

I "Stumbled" across this...
Forum: Needlework February 10th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Ping: F.James Crispwell

Jim,

I "Stumbled" across this Global temp chart and thought of you.

http://longrangeweather.com/images/GTEMPS.gif

Bobbie V.
Forum: Needlework February 1st 08, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Recent finishes.

My recent finishes are as follows (a few I got finished just before
Christmas)

Cloister Garden by Drawn Thread

The Celtic Band Sampler from Homespun Samplar

8 pairs of knitted "house" socks

2...
Forum: Needlework February 1st 08, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 29
W.I.P.s

current WIP

needlepoint ladybug (from Cheryl)

Melissa Basket (small) from Lori Birmingham

3-D Church from Nutmeg House

Mother to Daughter Sampler from Indigo Rose
Forum: Needlework January 30th 08, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 82
Floss Organizing System ??

Lucille wrote:
I know this has been asked and answered a gazillion times, but I'm dense and
I never really paid attention.

I got extremely frustrated this afternoon looking for a certain...
Forum: Needlework January 23rd 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
I'm baaack!!!

ewwaller wrote:
Well, I lost most of my charts and nearly all of my fabric. I'm
mostly into 36 ct. linen and the following themes:

Nautical designs
Blackwork
Kimono designs
Forum: Needlework January 23rd 08, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
I'm baaack!!!

ewwaller wrote:
Thanks, Bobbie! I'm surprised you remembered me. Pleasantly
surprised. BTW, thanks for the invite to the Navy.Togetherweserved
site. I'm flattered that you remembered that...
Forum: Needlework January 22nd 08, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
I'm baaack!!!

ewwaller wrote:
Hi!

After eight years of intense changes in my life, including earning a
Master's degree in psychology, I finally managed to find my way back
to the group. I'm obviously...
Forum: Needlework January 19th 08, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Waaaay OT. Help with translation.

F.James Cripwell wrote:
I have come to the font of all wisdom. I have come across a blog in Swedish.
http://www.moderna-myter.se/2008/01/hur-stmmer-ipccs-prognoser-med.html
Can some kind...
Forum: Needlework January 17th 08, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 86
Round two of Batten Down the hatches

Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney) wrote:
Queen City x-stitcher wrote:
Actually, a Newfie with a loving home and lots of human children to
love
could be a good life..

(who...
Forum: Needlework January 16th 08, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 86
Round two of Batten Down the hatches

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/16/08 11:35 AM, in article 5nqjj.14715$Y63.12204@trnddc03, "Gill
Murray" wrote:

Dr. Brat wrote:

Gill Murray wrote:

Forum: Needlework January 15th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 43
556 Queen Stitches IR's Mother to Daughter

Mavia Beaulieu wrote:
"Queen City x-stitcher" wrote in message

Ok, I resurrected a UFO. It is Indigo...
Forum: Needlework January 15th 08, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 43
556 Queen Stitches IR's Mother to Daughter

Ok, I resurrected a UFO. It is Indigo Rose's Mother to Daughter
Sampler. I had put it aside when I got to area #14. It had queen
stitches in a twisted knot pattern. I remember why put it down :-P...
Forum: Needlework January 7th 08, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Thanks Lula, et. al

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

But don't talk to Bobbie about her church!

I'm going through hell with it. The kit had not enough fabric and ran
short on one color. The floss is DMC, but darn...
Forum: Needlework December 18th 07, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Yesterday at my home.

lucretia borgia wrote:

I met Cheryl and Brat when I was in Maine summer before last, would
love to have been there yesterday. Did you say enough in front of
your mama that the bracelet...
Forum: Needlework December 18th 07, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Yesterday at my home.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to have Cheryl, Meg and Elizabeth over. We
started with a visit to my Mom's button room. (My parent live across the
street). My mother is an avid and knowledgeable...
Forum: Needlework December 16th 07, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Sewing/Basting fabric to scroll bars

Cheryl, are you using the Lap frame at all??

Bobbie V

Sometimes - do you need it? I'll toss it my bag for tomorrow. Just little
stuff right now and that is in hand...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 123