Showing results 1 to 25 of 262
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lenore L
Forum: Quilting October 27th 08, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Lenore L
curious...

Oh, you are right. Mine is still working just fine......knock on wood.

Lenore

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
weren't...
Forum: Quilting October 27th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Lenore L
"broken" bobbin case

Oh dear. Sounds like the pieces need to go to the sewing machine technical
person for reassembly. 8 - (

Lenore

"Sunny" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 08, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Lenore L
PIQF

Just give us the link. We all love to look.

Lenore

"Steph" wrote in message
Hi everyone!

I...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 08, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Lenore L
need help

What a prolific quilter you are!

I'd use lighter thread--maybe a gray--a neutral anyway. It will blend in
with the cream. Be sure and make a pressing plan.

Let us know how it turns out.

Happy...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 08, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Lenore L
Quilting is such therapy

WOW! I'm exhausted just reading about the busyness of your life! Take care
of yourself.

Yes, I find quilting to be therapeutic. I got the latest edition of Blanket
Statements (American Quilt...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 08, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Lenore L
Question from the past====

What was the dryer sheet made of? Was it the fiber in that that was not
iron heat tolerant or the iron?

Scary!

"Anna Belle" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 19th 08, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 53
Posted By Lenore L
OT how do I fight back?

Have you registered with Do Not Call?

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Our calls dropped to almost zero.

Good luck!

Lenore
Forum: Quilting October 19th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Lenore L
OT giggle

You are a genius as am I!

"Kate G." wrote in message
If that's the case.... then I must be an absolute genius!!!! (or really...
Forum: Quilting October 18th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Lenore L
FMQ with Sulky Blendable

I use large eyed needles--metallic or top stitching. That always helps too.

Let us know what works.

"TinaR" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 18th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Lenore L
Lenore, how was the retreat?

The retreat was wonderful. (This means that I actually got to be there the
whole time, got some sewing done, go shopping and see friends.)

DH wasn't feeling well on Thursday a.m. so I had to load...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Lenore L
Back with a new block

What a great site! I'm leading a retreat at our church camp at the end of
November. I want to show them your site!

Lenore

"KI Graham" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 08, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Lenore L
Thank you for all of your help!

What a luck baby. The quilt is lovely.

Lenore

"felwyn" wrote in message
A while ago I asked for advice and hints about...
Forum: Quilting October 14th 08, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Lenore L
Bamboo Batting - Soy Batting - pros and cons please

I've just got a bamboo one and will report when I start using it later in
the week.......it feels good--has a scrim on it......feels a lot like warm
and natural.

Lenore

"DiMa"...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 08, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Lenore L
Rotary blades best buy online

OK, spurred on by the whole idea of internet purchasing of new blades, I
checked out e-Bay and found a 60mm Olfa cutter and 25 new blades.....I won
the bidding at $76.00. I'm petty danged psyched...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 08, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Lenore L
Advice wanted for softest quilt

Feel the flannel. Buy one you like--plus some extra. Wash it and dry it.
It will shrink down and become fuzzier and softer. Warmest batting is
poly--or you could do wool. I'd use poly since it...
Forum: Quilting October 5th 08, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Lenore L
Reading RCTQ after Comcast kills Giganews....

I'm flumoxed by this. Anyone have an answer. Brainiac computer son is off
to training for two weeks.......

Clueless,

Lenore

"ME-Judy" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 08, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Lenore L
Lilypads Quilt--Finished with Pix

WOW! How fun. You did a great job.

Lenore

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 08, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Lenore L
Guild meeting tonight

Judy Neimeyer of the fabulous paper piecing patterns was at our guild
tonight. I've always loved the photos of her quilts.......but, seeing them
in person was just breathtaking. It inspires me to...
Forum: Quilting September 30th 08, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Lenore L
I'm BAAAA--AAACK

Welcome home!!!!!!

Hooray for your wonderful productivity. Can't wait for picures.

Lenore

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Hi Guys,
Forum: Quilting September 30th 08, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Lenore L
Baby quilt happy dance

What a cheerful quilt! It will be her favorite one!

Lenore

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote in message
I managed to...
Forum: Quilting September 30th 08, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Lenore L
OT trip

I'm in Lakewood, just south of Seattle. I know there is a woman from Tacoma
here too.

How about a meet-up?

Lenore

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting September 30th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Lenore L
Need help with snake eyelashes! ;-)

I have a big doll that my mother made for me about 50 years ago. She did
eyelashes with embroider thread--and hardened them with clear fingernail
polish. They still look great!

Let us know what...
Forum: Quilting September 24th 08, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Lenore L
chocolate and celery nursery quilt

It is gorgeous! No, it isn't the soft, cuddly little quilt. It is a quilt
for a "kid" who can admire the stars and the turtles.

What a lucky kid!

"maryd" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting September 24th 08, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Lenore L
OT--recycling clothes into new clothes

What fun! Thanks for sharing them.

"jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote in message
just surfing around today and ran across these interesting...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Lenore L
Table Runner

Gorgeous!