Showing results 1 to 25 of 327
Search took 0.95 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pati, in Phx
Forum: Quilting August 11th 11, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Needing some tips about Dear Jane

Trish, the DJ software will automatically print the blocks at any size
you wish. No re-drafting needed!G
Also, doing 6" (finished) blocks will take a lot more fabric. Most
will need more than a 5"...
Forum: Quilting August 8th 11, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Needing some tips about Dear Jane

Trish, I have finished quilting my DJ quilt and have started a second
(plus a couple of other projects from block swaps that need to be
finished.)
A couple of thoughts for you,
using different...
Forum: Quilting June 20th 11, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Pati, in Phx
How's about we...

Sounds good to me. And I have some deadlines looming
too.....................

Pati, in Phx

On Jun 18, 12:36*am, Sartorresartus wrote:
No, I don't do deadlines, either. *I can't...
Forum: Quilting May 24th 11, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Pati, in Phx
today's challenge

Actually the fusible batting joining tape is a low temp fusible (much
like very lightweight knit interfacing). So it can be used on
polyester and blended batting.
Works really well too.

Pati, in...
Forum: Quilting May 14th 11, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Old dog, new trick

As has been said here..... for a smooth, round, faced circle, pinking
shears work great (at least for a quarter inch seam allowance.)
I find that when notches are too close to the seam line they tend...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 11, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Pati, in Phx
New toy???

Leslie, I have one of these rulers. It does seem to help keep the
blade honed. You do need to remember to turn the blade over
occasionally so both side get honed and not just one. G
The diamond...
Forum: Quilting May 5th 11, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Pati, in Phx
OT Tired of rain

On May 4, 7:18*pm, She in PA wrote:
I am so sick of no sunshine and rain. We have had only 5 all sun days
this year. I was tired of the snow but at least it is pretty. The...
Forum: Quilting May 5th 11, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Where is everyone

On May 2, 7:31*am, Cindy from GA but wants to be in MO
wrote:
Just checking in - I've not had any posts since the 29th...

Is it me or is everyone out and about and trying...
Forum: Quilting May 5th 11, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Another LQS Closing

Maureen, Please do let me know when you will be in Tucson, would love
a meet-up if there is an appropriate time.
Yes it is a 2 hr drive down, but I also have family there so all is
good.

Pati, in...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 11, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Pati, in Phx
To use binding or not to use binding

On Apr 25, 11:11*am, Gerry Neuroth Gerry.Neuroth.
wrote:
I am working on the Spicy Spiral Table Mat and noticed some used binding
to finish off the outside, others just...
Forum: Quilting April 3rd 11, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Where's everyone??

Lots happening here in Phoenix. A close friend passed away a couple
weeks ago. So I am doing some stuff with his wife to help her.
She is helping me sort fabrics and such. Got a 10 foot mobile...
Forum: Quilting April 3rd 11, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Pati, in Phx
To Ott or not to Ott?

Polly I have an "Ott" bulb (may be a different brand, but I think it
is Ott) in an architects lamp by my sewing machine. Difficult to
remember the brand because it was well worth the price I paid for...
Forum: Quilting March 29th 11, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Pati, in Phx
apps for red and qhite quilt show

On Mar 29, 6:33*am, Susan Laity Price
wrote:
a friend sent the following apps for the red and quilt show in NYC

Forum: Quilting March 20th 11, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Pati, in Phx
OT Japan crisis

Quilters Newsletter is working with the Japanese Patchwork magazine.
THis was posted on the QN blog. Just a thought. Will get with DH and
go through the class samples I have done. Some may end up in...
Forum: Quilting March 18th 11, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Pati, in Phx
posts

Polly, there is (or at least was) a business here in the Valley.....
Paddy O' Furniture.

Yep. really and truly.

I spent the day teaching two classes. And finishing up some French
onion soup for a...
Forum: Quilting March 7th 11, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Pati, in Phx
What is with the low number of posts?

Well, I am checking in daily, not a lot to say.
However, my favorite machine did not die completely as I had thought.
VVVBG (A capacitor blew up in the transformer, which blew a fuse.
Easily...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 11, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Red, white and blue hugg

Sandy, I don't know what is happening.... sigh.
I did get one email from you, and replied off group. Guess it didn't
go through????
That is why I didn't put Henderson on the list.
But yes, I got your...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 11, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Red, white and blue hugg

oops... Yes it got put in a different place, but is here.

Pati, in Phx

On Feb 6, 6:31*pm, IMS wrote:
Hi Patti,

I sent a block early last week - did you get it?

-Irene
Forum: Quilting February 6th 11, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pati, in Phx
focus? Medallion quilts

The first quilts I made were medallions. G I did them on the serger
by using rectangular panels and adding borders around them. Layered
them, used a basting gun to tack them. Then quilted using...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 11, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Red, white and blue hugg

LOL
Yep I am pretty much rested up from working the TreadleArt booth. Rick
is in much better spirits and working on restraint with food (after
the stent and such).
Got a bunch of envelopes that I...
Forum: Quilting January 30th 11, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Miniature quilt auction - What sells?

Susan I know it depends on the area you are in, and such. At the last
show here in the Phoenix area, the quickest selling small quilts were
sets of placemats and table runners.
At the quilt/craft/sew...
Forum: Quilting January 26th 11, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Pati, in Phx
OT - but not totally. About my health.

Positive thoughts and hugs to you.
Everyone is saying it better than I can.

Pati, in Phx

On Jan 25, 8:41*am, "Rita L. in MA" wrote:
Good Morning,

I'm having a tough time...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 11, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Lots and lots of fabric

Yep, and I am there. Sigh. Anyone want to come help me sort and
organize when I get the money to rent a temporary mobile storage
unit?

Pati, in Phx

On Jan 22, 7:40*pm, "Taria"...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 11, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Red, white and blue hugg

THere is still plenty of time to send blocks.
Next week end (Thurs. Fri. and Sat.) I will be working at the
Quilt, Craft, and Sewing Festival (put on by the Rusty Barn group).
That means 3 days of...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 11, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Pati, in Phx
Red, white and blue hugg

There are many envelopes of various sizes sitting here that I haven't
had the oomph to acknowledge individually. I may start working on
laying out these blocks next week.
There are envelopes here...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 327