Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat S
Forum: Quilting March 6th 13, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Pat S
Not telling

For a similarly 'secret gender' baby, I made a quilt using the pieced
alphabet blocks of Carol Doak (in her book that I could look up if you
needed me to - I know roughly where it is g). I made...
Forum: Quilting February 28th 13, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Pat S
quilt binding

I absolutely agree with Roberta on that. I do my binding the usual one
- machine one side and hand the other. However, I always sew all the
corners first - then zoom along the straight bits! I...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 13, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Pat S
Operating machinery

Ouch! I bet that hurt, Polly. Sandy is right: get something else to
hold close to the needle. I actually got 'That Purple Thang' (remember
those?), and if ever I do get close, I use that.
When I...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 13, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Pat S
Favourite foot?

I can't tell whether you are in the UK or the US?
However, I get all my information by Googling with the words Classic car
hire, or sports car hire. There are several in the UK; and it is
probably...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 13, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Pat S
Favourite foot?

No worries on that score, Shirley! I am six foot tall, with shoes on!
..
In message , Shirley
writes
Pat,
I hope you are tall...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 13, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Pat S
Favourite foot?

Absolutely!
I have now driven a Morgan, an Aston Martin, a Ferrari and soon the
Jaguar E-type I hope!

I don't watch Top Gear much (if at all) as I really don't like the
presenters very much. I...
Forum: Quilting February 4th 13, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Pat S
Favourite foot?

Yes, when I saw the price, I thought I'd wait for my birthday and buy it
for myself! Mind you, for the same birthday, I am seriously considering
hiring a Jaguar E-type coupé for the day!! Which...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 13, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Pat S
Favourite foot?

Wow! I have a Janome 6500, and have the special FM bobbin case (which
helps enormously); and the single hole metal plate (which also helps);
but I haven't heard about this foot. I need every bit...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 13, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Pat S
Twin Needle FM ?

Ah, that's the snag - the stitches have to be the same size: unless you
stop after every stitch and move the 'quilt' so that the inner needle
stays in the same place and only the outer one is...
Forum: Quilting January 5th 13, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Pat S
Twin Needle FM ?

Absolutely! The irony wasn't lost on me as I wrote my message g
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Perhaps this is a good time to...
Forum: Quilting January 5th 13, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Pat S
Twin Needle FM ?

I have done it, Polly. I found it most successful going in fairly
straight lines (or actual straight lines) or Very gentle curves. Any
tight curve looks bad on top as well as on the back. The...
Forum: Quilting January 1st 13, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat S
OT New Words

A poncho with a hood?
..
In message , NightMist
writes

Ash has put together more words in the past few months. Very good
progress verbally,...
Forum: Quilting December 31st 12, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat S
Can a finished quilt be signed at a wedding without ruining it.

Further to Roberta's message, I don't think anyone has mentioned the
thought of getting people to sign on a nice piece of paper (decorated in
some way?) or several sheets if need be, then copying...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 12, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pat S
Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

I miss it, too: very much. But, at least we were lucky to have what we
had at all: many people never experience such fellowship.
..
In message...
Forum: Quilting December 17th 12, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pat S
Quilts Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

I, too, love mine. I often see things I hadn't spotted before -some
words are hidden so well! Whatever is happening right now, this group
has been a good and kind group.
..
In message...
Forum: Quilting December 17th 12, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Pat S
Thanks to SandyE for finding 'the' joke!

Oh yes! Thanks Sandy
I love this one. I knew it was something to do with all his feet, but I
couldn't remember it.
So great ... definitely one of the traditional RCTQ jokes!
..
In message...
Forum: Quilting December 12th 12, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat S
OT Christmas Blessing

That's really wonderful, Polly. I'm so pleased for you both. Visiting
the crib will mean so much this year. You can thank Him in person g.
These surgical 'roads' can be so harrowing; great...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 12, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Pat S
Festive humour....

We love the joke Jo. Don't let facts put you off.
(if they are facts - I didn't even take the time to look it up - who
cares).
..
In message...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 12, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Pat S
Jeans

You are not alone, Brian!
I think I might have tried a pair on once, but I have never bought a
pair!!
..
In message , Brian
writes
There...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 12, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Pat S
Thread breaks during FMQ on DSM. Tension seems fine.

It sounds to me as if the problem could lie with the needle - the eye
being a little too small for the thread you are using? There are
numerous different types of needle. We had a short...
Forum: Quilting December 8th 12, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Pat S
Way OT - small claims court

If it is the same as over here, the fact that he has a 'court judgement'
against him, will make it almost impossible for him to get any credit.
So, even if you don't get the money - it will make...
Forum: Quilting December 8th 12, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat S
FIRST warning. It is almost time

No - never dreading!
Now that I understand it (didn't for the first couple of years gg), I
thoroughly enjoy the familiar chuckle.
..
In message ,...
Forum: Quilting December 8th 12, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat S
FIRST warning. It is almost time

Oh good! I'm ready and waiting gg
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Polly

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

E- rrrrr- m: that sounds an awful lot like a new quilting project gg
Maybe there is a meeting between Mars and Venus?!!
..
In message , Donna in Idaho...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 12, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Pat S
After all, I am a quilter

Sad to say, Polly, that I am the one who always thinks of the most
difficult solution first! Mind you, that applies in my quilting as well
as in everything else.
I love this story g as an...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500