CraftBanter

-   Pottery (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Beginners help (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=74752)

Steve Mills September 2nd 06 11:42 PM

Beginners help

Hi Bob,

We all started from a blank page and learnt as we went along.

This could be helpful:

http://digitalfire.com/education/glossary/

Steve
Bath
UK

In article , Bob
writes
Where can a newbie go for "Dummies" type help with this hobby ? I do
not even know the meaning of Raku, bisque and etc.

I own a nice digital Paragon kiln that is used for a hobby other than
firing ceramics. I am a flint knapper that uses my kiln to "cook" rock
for knapping. I would like to play around with the ceramics thing to see
if I am interested. First I would like to learn the meanings of the
words associated with the ceramic hobby.

Thanks in advance, Tampa Bob who actually lives a good bit further
South at this time.

--
Steve Mills
Bath