CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Year's Show & Tell (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=79257)

Barbara Forbes-Lyons December 31st 06 01:12 PM

New Year's Show & Tell

I have a bunch of new things up in my gallery online, including beads,
pendants and bottles of hope.

http://www.penguintrax.com/gallery/v/Latest-Work/

--
Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

bluemaxx January 6th 07 06:42 PM

New Year's Show & Tell

Hi, Barbara! :) COOL zipper frog!! I would love to make things with
Polymer clay, but my fingers and hands don't like it. I like your B&B pics
from last year too... I didn't make it last year. Birth-Daughter's wedding
took precedent. I was kept busy making all of her jewelry for the wedding
and it turned out pretty gorgeous, if I do say so myself. :)))))) Nice
to see you post!
hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

:
: http://www.penguintrax.com/gallery/v/Latest-Work/
:
:
: --
: Barbara
:
: Bead & Polymer Clay Votary
:

Barbara Forbes-Lyons January 7th 07 01:58 AM

New Year's Show & Tell

Thanks, Linda! The frog was actually sculpted by Diana (remember her?),
but I've been having lots and lots of fun with clay.

I probably won't make B&B this year - I can't really find a class or two
that I'm dying to take, unfortunately.

Good to be posting again, if only a bit.

Love,
B.

bluemaxx January 7th 07 02:41 AM

New Year's Show & Tell

This year, I found only one class that seemed somewhat interesting and that
I'd like to learn. Last year, there were absolutely gobs of classes that I
wanted to take even though I couldn't go. And since their fees went up a
LOT for the classes, well... I'd better learn something really good if I'm
going to spend that kind of money.

Tip: My friends (I used to) live in Racine, WI - about 40 min. south from
Downtown Milwaukee. There's a bead shop there by the name of Funky
Hannah's that has a lot of the big-name people who show up there to give
classes right before (and after) B&B takes place. The downtown area of
Racine is gorgeous, totally revamped, with a wonderful museum and everything
is within a 6 block walking area of a Radisson hotel. I mentioned to my
friends that we might be better off taking classes at Funky Hannah's this
year and making our own Mini B&B. :)

But my friends and I might pay the entry fee and just go up one day this
year for the shopping. I always like to look at lampwork row. I had the
best time there the last time I went, talking to the artists.

Take care!
hugs,
Linda

: bluemaxx wrote:
: Hi, Barbara! :) COOL zipper frog!! I would love to make things
with
: Polymer clay, but my fingers and hands don't like it. I like your B&B
pics
: from last year too... I didn't make it last year. Birth-Daughter's
wedding
: took precedent. I was kept busy making all of her jewelry for the
wedding
: and it turned out pretty gorgeous, if I do say so myself. :))))))
Nice
: to see you post!
: hugs,
: Linda
: Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
: Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs
:
: "Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
: ...
: :I have a bunch of new things up in my gallery online, including beads,
: : pendants and bottles of hope.
: :
: : http://www.penguintrax.com/gallery/v/Latest-Work/
: :
: :
: : --
: : Barbara
: :
: : Bead & Polymer Clay Votary
: :

Barbara Forbes-Lyons January 7th 07 03:12 AM

New Year's Show & Tell

I know that the art museum in Racine brought in Kathleen Dustin the week
before B&B for a workshop. I would have LOVED to have taken that, but
found out about it too darned late. I'll see what's up this year,
before the week. Funky Hannah's I've actually heard about - they do a
bunch of PMC related things, don't they?

bluemaxx January 8th 07 06:33 AM

New Year's Show & Tell

I'm not sure about the PMC classes, Barb. But I do know they've added
beginning lampworking to their beadweaving classes. They have a LOT of
woven classes and my friends go to a lot of classes, making beautiful
things. Cynthia Rutledge is the featured artist/teacher in July, 2007.
Here's the link to Funky Hannah's if you or anyone else wants to browse
there. :)))) http://funkyhannahs.com

love,

: : bluemaxx wrote:
[...]
: : ...
: : :I have a bunch of new things up in my gallery online, including
beads,
: : : pendants and bottles of hope.
: : :
: : : http://www.penguintrax.com/gallery/v/Latest-Work/
: : :
: : :
: : : --
: : : Barbara
: : :
: : : Bead & Polymer Clay Votary
: : :

D Curtis January 8th 07 12:55 PM

New Year's Show & Tell

Hey! I didnt even know you had a picture of that froggy. Thanks Barb,
and thanks Linda for bringing it to my attention. :)
I made a bunch more frogs to put in my etsy store.
Barb, the things you do with clay are boggling. I like the aged looking
bottle.
Hugs (and catch me if you can again on yahoo)
Di
http://duet.etsy.com

Beadbimbo January 8th 07 04:13 PM

New Year's Show & Tell

I love the face on the stopper!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Dicon January 8th 07 05:45 PM

New Year's Show & Tell

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
I have a bunch of new things up in my gallery online, including beads,
pendants and bottles of hope.

http://www.penguintrax.com/gallery/v/Latest-Work/

Ye God's, you are tidy,my studio looks like a tip!
I wish I could find some "tidy pills", cause I am always miss-placing
things, almost seconds after putting them down.

--
Jackdaw, collector of facts, trivia and bright twinkly things
Visit my site at www.jackdaw-crafts.co.uk

Barbara Forbes-Lyons January 9th 07 01:47 AM

New Year's Show & Tell

Thanks - it was one of my favorite outcomes from that 'experiment'.

It's really quite tiny - about 1/4" high, if that.