CraftBanter

-   General Crafting (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hot Glue Ornaments (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16257)

Theresa November 16th 04 03:36 PM

Hot Glue Ornaments

Has anyone ever made ornaments using colored hot glue before? I'm
wondering if some of my candy molds would work or putting a stencil
under some waxed paper? Any other thoughts on ways to create
attractive designs?

Thought this might be a fun for my children...

ILIKEKITES November 17th 04 11:27 PM

Thought this might be a fun for my children.

....it would depend on how old your children are...
....what I have done in the past is:
-using a design with very simple lines, make a dark copy of it, so the lines of
the design are very bold
-place the paper with the design face up onto a hard surface, and tape it down
-place a sheet of waxed paper over the top of that, being sure to cover the
entire piece of paper with the waxed paper, and tape it down
-brush/smear a light coating of liquid dishwashing soap onto the surface of the
waxed paper- this acts as a releasing agent
-using the hot glue gun, follow the outlines of the graphic, which should be
visible through the waxed paper
- let it cool, then peel it off the waxed paper, and rinse the dish soap off
under running water (but not too hot of water- especially if you're using low
temp glue sticks.
Cindy