CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Noro Yarn - breaking while knitting? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=84977)

Padishar Creel June 28th 07 05:21 AM

Noro Yarn - breaking while knitting?

I have been using and enjoying several kinds of Noro Yarn, but the
last two projects have both been a bugger in that it broke on me
several times. Has anyone else had this challenge on Noro Yarns. In
all fairness, I have only had this problem with two kinds of Noro
yarns:

Aurora Yarn
Blossom Yarn

Both yarns are silk blends, could be a clue in why they part so
easily?

My wife accused me of being a "knitting bully" by working the yarn to
hard, but she also had it come apart with her knitting as well. Mine
parted a couple times while winding it from my swift to my ball
winder.

Padishar Creel

PS Of course my local yarn shop will stand behind the yarn, no
questions asked so it is not a serious problem, but a damned nuisance
just the same.

[email protected] June 28th 07 01:48 PM

On Jun 27, 11:21 pm, Padishar Creel wrote:
I have been using and enjoying several kinds of Noro Yarn, but the
last two projects have both been a bugger in that it broke on me
several times. Has anyone else had this challenge on Noro Yarns. In
all fairness, I have only had this problem with two kinds of Noro
yarns:

Aurora Yarn
Blossom Yarn

Since silk is the strongest natural fiber known I doubt the silk
content is responsible for the breakage.

I've not worked with either yarn but I do use Kureyon and Silk Garden
pretty regularly. Both of those yarns have a tendency to drift apart
at color changes where the yarn isn't twisted as tightly as it should
be.