Thanks,

Julie
Richmond, VA

Sew-Sew Lady January 21st 04 05:02 PM

Yeah, the spandex can't take much heat, so try using a little steam (the
lowest temp that your iron will do steam) or spraying the shirts with just a
little water before ironing. My daughter has a shirt like that, I put it on
a hanger to dry and it doesn't take long to iron.

wrote in message
.net...
Hi,

I have just received new uniform shirts that I must keep pressed. They
are 98% cotton and 2% spandex. I have heard that you shouldn't use
starch on this fabric. Would sizing be ok? The care label says to use a
warm iron if needed- but that isn't getting the wrinkles out.

Any suggestions appreciated- I need to look presentable :)

Thanks,

Julie
Richmond, VA

SewStorm January 21st 04 07:32 PM

I have just received new uniform shirts that I must keep pressed. They
are 98% cotton and 2% spandex. I have heard that you shouldn't use
starch on this fabric. Would sizing be ok? The care label says to use a
warm iron if needed- but that isn't getting the wrinkles out.

Julie, in the future when you wash your shirts, put them in the dryer with a
load of towels, and pull them out after about 15 minutes and hang them to dry
the rest of the way. That way, you'll have a lot fewer wrinkles to deal with,
and you may not even have to press the shirts at all.

HTH,

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

January 22nd 04 03:23 PM

Thanks everyone for the tips and hints for getting this fabric to behave.
If I had any choice- these would be an all cotton twill- but. I will try
the no/little dryer time and ironing while damp. I'm sure that will do
the trick.

Thanks again,

Julie
Richmond, VA