CraftBanter

-   Machine Knit (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Studio/Singer electronics (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18960)

posey September 15th 04 05:37 PM

Studio/Singer electronics

I have a Singer 580 and a Studio 860. Can I hook up the curly cord from the
580 to the carriage of the 860, thereby using the patterning built in the
580 (mylar pattern reader) on the bed of the 860 (no built in pattern
reader), eliminating the need for DAK or an EC-1 connecton?

Thanks
Posey

Brenda Smith September 16th 04 08:51 PM

Hi Posey - yes you can. I use the 860 from the 580 machine. I had someone
make me an extension cord for the straight cord to make it easier.
Brenda in NZ

posey September 17th 04 03:05 PM

Thank you. I'll give it a try.
Posey