CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Candles??? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16578)

~ Nan ~ November 9th 03 10:45 PM

Candles???

I want to line some sea urchin shells with translucent clay because I
tried to fill them with gell clay and they leaked.. the cracks are so
fine ..There was only one with a big enough opening to put in a tea
light.. they are so pretty with the light glowing through..
I have been thinking about putting in a very thin lining of translucent
polymer clay...but wondering if it can take the heat.
Hope someone knows.. emails welcome.
Thanks
Nan

Valerie November 10th 03 05:31 PM

I have been thinking about putting in a very thin lining of translucent
polymer clay...but wondering if it can take the heat.
Hope someone knows.

Hi Nan!
I don't know specifically about sea urchins, but on some shells, if you bake
them the color changes in them. I've had this happen quite a few times with
various shells and experiments with PC. The shells themselves held up fine, but
the colors just dulled somewhat.
HTH

Valerie
Website: http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/index.html
RCB Member Links:
http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/professionallinks.html
Submit your site! E-mail me for details! *Remove* spam block to reply.