CraftBanter

-   Knots (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Coach Whipping (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=86950)

p2vp26na September 4th 07 01:17 AM

Coach Whipping

New at knotwork. I want to cover bicycle handlebars with some kind of
decorative whipping or coach whipping. I have seen railings on ships and
boats treated that way. Can anyone suggest a "how to" type reference? Also
what cord would be most appropriate and where to buy it. Any old boatswains
mates ever done this type of whipping? Thanks

MCC[_2_] September 6th 07 02:39 PM

Coach Whipping

p2vp26na wrote:
New at knotwork. I want to cover bicycle handlebars with some kind of
decorative whipping or coach whipping. I have seen railings on ships and
boats treated that way. Can anyone suggest a "how to" type reference? Also
what cord would be most appropriate and where to buy it. Any old boatswains
mates ever done this type of whipping? Thanks

What had you in mind? Something like this
http://khww.net/readarticle.php?article_id=35
or something like this
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexc...read.php?t=562
?

Google provides lots of hits for coachwhipping
--
M C C

Ford September 7th 07 02:59 AM

Coach Whipping

or something like thishttp://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=562
?

Google provides lots of hits for coachwhipping
--
M C C

You might also Google "ringbolt hitching" and "coxcombing". They can
be done with fewer strings than coachwhipping, and work well on curved
objects.

Ford Walton

p2vp26na September 7th 07 05:15 AM

Coach Whipping

Thanks for the replies. That's exactly what I had in mind. I'll practice
making a few and see how they turn out.