short a time to spend among you - this is the END. I have things to do. I am
going. I am leaving NOW. Good-bye!"

Aaron

Eastern Edge August 26th 06 12:29 AM

Did Hobbits Knit?

wrote:
Hard to tell. Tolkien was very short on many very practical matters.

But, he did leave us with a quote that is appropriate.

"I shall not keep you long....

I do not know half of you half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve....

I regret to announce that - though , as I have said, this has been far too
short a time to spend among you - this is the END. I have things to do. I am
going. I am leaving NOW. Good-bye!"

Aaron

I haven't read Tolkien in many years, but I do hope I'm interpreting
this wrong.

Although I'm not too active, I do read every day and I love reading
your posts!

Michelle

Katherine August 26th 06 12:47 AM

Did Hobbits Knit?

wrote:
Hard to tell. Tolkien was very short on many very practical matters.

But, he did leave us with a quote that is appropriate.

"I shall not keep you long....

I do not know half of you half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve....

I regret to announce that - though , as I have said, this has been
far too short a time to spend among you - this is the END. I have
things to do. I am going. I am leaving NOW. Good-bye!"

Odd, Aaron. I'll be sorry to see you go, but I understand that you must be
busy. Come back when you have time.

Higs,
Katherine (Hobbits didn't knit)