CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=79934)

NE Sailboat January 18th 07 06:08 PM

Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine

I own a sailboat. As such, lots to sew. But .. I don't know anything about
sewing.

I got a book, told me to find an old machine, and I posted in town.

A lady called and offered me an old EMDEKO sewing machine. It is metal.

Is this machine going to do it for me? Will I be able to sew through cloth
such as Sunbrella?

Kate XXXXXX January 18th 07 06:39 PM

NE Sailboat wrote:

I own a sailboat. As such, lots to sew. But .. I don't know anything about
sewing.

I got a book, told me to find an old machine, and I posted in town.

A lady called and offered me an old EMDEKO sewing machine. It is metal.

Is this machine going to do it for me? Will I be able to sew through cloth
such as Sunbrella?

Dunno... Is it like one of these?
http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...ion_Manual.htm

This might also help you find out mo
http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...l?t=16591&pn=1

A little reading seems to point to it being quite a workhorse, so if you
got it free/for less than $20, it's certainly worth trying! :) If it
isn't quite up to the job, you can pass it on to someone sewing less
tough stuff than you need it for.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!