CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Teresa Wentzler's Peacock Tapestry (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140616)

[email protected] April 17th 20 01:08 AM

Teresa Wentzler's Peacock Tapestry

I need new instructions for mind. My paper where it was folded is frail and I can not read it. Plus I can not find peacock thread any where.

Arliss Link[_2_] April 17th 20 09:29 PM

Teresa Wentzler's Peacock Tapestry

I need new instructions for mind. My paper where it was folded is frail and I can not read it. Plus I can not find peacock thread any where.

You can purchase the chart at patternsonline.com. It will probably cost $7-8; it is the updated computerized version. The symbols might be somewhat different from the hand drawn chart.

Also, if you’re on Facebook, you can join the Teresa Wentzler Cross Stitch SAL; several people in that group are working on Peacock Tapestry.

[email protected] July 18th 20 10:41 PM

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 10:29:24 AM UTC-10, Arliss Link wrote:
I need new instructions for mind. My paper where it was folded is frail and I can not read it. Plus I can not find peacock thread any where.

You can purchase the chart at patternsonline.com. It will probably cost $7-8; it is the updated computerized version. The symbols might be somewhat different from the hand drawn chart.

Also, if you’re on Facebook, you can join the Teresa Wentzler Cross Stitch SAL; several people in that group are working on Peacock Tapestry..

I'm stuck on the tree because the directions say when "sideways triangle" appears beside one color or two colors bracketed together, stitch bottom half cross with colors listed and stitch top half cross using one strand 453 ? Thanks for mentioning the FB group too - I looked them up.

Arliss Link[_2_] July 20th 20 02:02 AM

On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 4:41:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 10:29:24 AM UTC-10, Arliss Link wrote:
I need new instructions for mind. My paper where it was folded is frail and I can not read it. Plus I can not find peacock thread any where.

You can purchase the chart at patternsonline.com. It will probably cost $7-8; it is the updated computerized version. The symbols might be somewhat different from the hand drawn chart.

Also, if you’re on Facebook, you can join the Teresa Wentzler Cross Stitch SAL; several people in that group are working on Peacock Tapestry.

I'm stuck on the tree because the directions say when "sideways triangle" appears beside one color or two colors bracketed together, stitch bottom half cross with colors listed and stitch top half cross using one strand 453 ? Thanks for mentioning the FB group too - I looked them up.

I haven’t stitched this design myself, and I don’t own the chart. Have you asked anyone in the Facebook group for help? It sounds as though you stitch just the bottom leg with the blended threads but use only a single strand of 453; other than that, I haven’t a clue.

I’ve looked longingly at the chart, but with some eye issues and my age taken into consideration, I doubt stitching it will happen.