CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Crochet Hat pattern needed (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113045)

King's Crown[_3_] December 31st 10 07:48 PM

Crochet Hat pattern needed

I'm not looking for any hat. I've done several in the past month looking
for something a teenager would wear with a brim. My first couple look like
hats a jockey would wear. The last one I made looked like something the
Confederate army would wear. I just bought another Ravelry pattern and I'm
crossing my fingers. It's called Swirls cap.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/swirls-cap

Anyone here have a crocheted hat that they loved?

Lynne

mirjam January 1st 11 05:31 AM

Crochet Hat pattern needed

On Dec 31 2010, 9:48*pm, "King's Crown" wrote:
I'm not looking for any hat. *I've done several in the past month looking
for something a teenager would wear with a brim. *My first couple look like
hats a jockey would wear. *The last one I made looked like something the
Confederate army would wear. *I just bought another Ravelry pattern and I'm
crossing my fingers. *It's called Swirls cap.http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/swirls-cap

Anyone here have a crocheted hat that they loved?

Lynne

My favorite Crocheted hat [ i love also knitted ones] is a moebious
hate,
At the Time i made it for a friend, and it is named After her Dorith`s
hat .

it does not have a brim
,
Measure head circumference at widest part = around you head where edge
of hat will be ,,,,, Cast on enough treble {UK] = dc [USA} , and when
you have enough lay it on a flat surface , turn the edge and cast on
stitches on the bottom of the cast on sts. now crochet till you have
enough width = this you measure by putting it on your head and see if
the `folded` parts close in enough to cover your head ,,,,, finish
with some nice stitch ,, you might add beads or any other nicety ,,,,,
it gives a bit the impression of a scarf bound over your head ,, i
made this first one as a present for a friend ,,, it is very warm ....

My knitted favorite hat is from the book
Module Magic, by Ginger Luters XrX books, 2004.
p.101-2 `Aidan`s Hat
if you knit it a bit longer than it does fold over..
mirjam