CraftBanter

-   Machine Knit (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FreeCycle - Good Source for Machine Knit Stuff (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=93397)

[email protected] March 11th 08 04:59 PM

FreeCycle - Good Source for Machine Knit Stuff

Hi everyone,

If you're not connected up with your local freecycle group, you SHOULD
be! I realized after going through and sorting emails over the past 6
or 8 months, that I'd had 5 freebies from folks in the Reno/Sparks
area that were machine knit related. One was for a small box of
machine knit pattern books, 3 offers were for coned yarns and one was
for some odd and end parts to an ISM (shipped those off to a dear
friend who needed them). I put things up myself and have had all of
them go. I've got a bunch more things that need to go soon.

Take a look at: http://www.freecycle.org/

Marge in Reno

Pogonip[_2_] March 11th 08 08:24 PM

wrote:
Hi everyone,

If you're not connected up with your local freecycle group, you SHOULD
be! I realized after going through and sorting emails over the past 6
or 8 months, that I'd had 5 freebies from folks in the Reno/Sparks
area that were machine knit related. One was for a small box of
machine knit pattern books, 3 offers were for coned yarns and one was
for some odd and end parts to an ISM (shipped those off to a dear
friend who needed them). I put things up myself and have had all of
them go. I've got a bunch more things that need to go soon.

Take a look at:
http://www.freecycle.org/

Marge in Reno

Marge, I have some ISM parts I'd like to rehome. Perhaps your friend
could use them? Or -- you said "shipped" -- this isn't a local person?
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

Ann Eales March 13th 08 02:16 PM

FreeCycle - Good Source for Machine Knit Stuff

Marge,
Thank you fro telling me about freecycle, I have just joined my local one in
Swansea, Wales UK
Ann

[email protected] March 14th 08 07:13 PM

On Mar 11, 12:24 pm, Pogonip wrote:

Marge, I have some ISM parts I'd like to rehome. Perhaps your friend
could use them? Or -- you said "shipped" -- this isn't a local person?
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.comhttp://members.tripod.com/~bernardschopen/

Hi Joanne,

Unfortunately, she doesn't have a freecycle near enough to her to
participate. She's over in the eastern part of NV. Put them up on
the Reno Freecycle and I'm sure someone who is into machine knitting
will grab 'em up.

Marge

Pogonip[_2_] March 14th 08 07:38 PM

wrote:
On Mar 11, 12:24 pm, Pogonip wrote:

Marge, I have some ISM parts I'd like to rehome. Perhaps your friend
could use them? Or -- you said "shipped" -- this isn't a local person?
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.comhttp://members.tripod.com/~bernardschopen/

Hi Joanne,

Unfortunately, she doesn't have a freecycle near enough to her to
participate. She's over in the eastern part of NV. Put them up on
the Reno Freecycle and I'm sure someone who is into machine knitting
will grab 'em up.

Marge

That's a thought. I've had mixed success with Freecycle. Some very
responsible and grateful recipients, and some incredibly rude ones!
Maybe machine knitters are more reliable, though.

hobbyknitter March 29th 08 12:27 PM

FreeCycle - Good Source for Machine Knit Stuff

My local freecycle was good until the owner/moderator got very snobby,
and have heard that other owner/moderators from other freecycle groups
were the same. I unsubbed from the ones I was in, and now just donate
my stuff to the church thrift shops and they can reap what they may
get from the sales. No matter what it is. Some of my posts were not
going through, or they were edited to where she liked them, although
she has that right, but have heard that others are unsubbing from that
one freecycle group. Good luck to all that are able to get into one
that the owner/moderator is fair about all posts.