CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hello all! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=105447)

[email protected] October 11th 09 01:47 AM

Hello all!

Hi all. Portia here. For those who remember me. Its little cool here
in Calif. I am broadening my horizons now. I have a stack of new
braille patterns to work on and some more onthe way. I hope to learn
as much as I can. I am now involved in some charities as well.
Enjoying it too. Just want to drop in and say hi and hope everyone has
a blessed day where you may be in all 4 corners of the globe. Portia

mirjam October 11th 09 02:29 PM

Hello all!

Hallo Portia , Nice to see you !!!
What are yiou knitting
mirjam
from Israel

Katherine October 12th 09 06:44 AM

Hello all!

On Oct 10, 8:47*pm, "
wrote:
Hi all. Portia here. For those who remember me. Its little cool here
in Calif. I am broadening my horizons now. I have a stack of new
braille patterns to work on and some more onthe way. I hope to learn
as much as I can. I am now involved in some charities as well.
Enjoying it too. Just want to drop in and say hi and hope everyone has
a blessed day where you may be in all 4 corners of the globe. Portia

Hi, Portia. We have been rather lax in the group, but it is nice to
see you again.

Higs,
Katherine

[email protected] October 12th 09 09:19 PM

Hello all!

I am now getting the hang of using 2 circular needles since I don't
think I can get the nack of DPNs. I practiced with it a few days ago.
I didn't think I could. I tried it once a couple of months ago and got
thngs tangled up. But, since I had a hard time with sewing wich is a
problem with me not seeing and all, I figured on trying the 2 circular
needles thing again. If anyone has any simple mittens, hats, and
anything else that can be made using 2 circs, I would be greatful for
any patterns. I only have 24 and 29" in circulars sizes 9 and I plan
to get more sizes and 16" circs soon. I think since joining charity
groups, I am having more enjoyment out of it and learning more stuff
to make. I am building my stack of patterns like I said. Its a little
cool this morning here in Southern Calif. Hoep every has a good day
and happy crafting.

Katherine October 13th 09 05:33 AM

Hello all!

On Oct 12, 4:19*pm, "
wrote:
I am now getting the hang of using 2 circular needles since I don't
think I can get the nack of DPNs. I practiced with it a few days ago.
I didn't think I could. I tried it once a couple of months ago and got
thngs tangled up. But, since I had a hard time with sewing wich is a
problem with me not seeing and all, I figured on trying the 2 circular
needles thing again. If anyone has any simple mittens, hats, and
anything else that can be made using 2 circs, I would be greatful for
any patterns. I only have 24 and 29" in circulars sizes 9 and I plan
to get more sizes and 16" circs soon. I think since joining charity
groups, I am having more enjoyment out of it and learning more stuff
to make. I am building my stack of patterns like I said. Its a little
cool this morning here in Southern Calif. Hoep every has a good day
and happy crafting.

Katherine wrote:
On Oct 10, 8:47*pm, "
wrote:
Hi all. Portia here. For those who remember me. Its little cool here
in Calif. I am broadening my horizons now. I have a stack of new
braille patterns to work on and some more onthe way. I hope to learn
as much as I can. I am now involved in some charities as well.
Enjoying it too. Just want to drop in and say hi and hope everyone has
a blessed day where you may be in all 4 corners of the globe. Portia

Oh, my dear! You are a brave soul. I did two pairs of socks on
circulars,
and hate it! I much prefer DPNs. But I am glad that you can use them.
I felt as though I were knitting with spiders. LOL

Higs,
Katherine

mirjam October 13th 09 01:11 PM

Hello all!

Since i am more a [no seam] Sleeves knitter than a socks knitter i
tried it with sleeves and am Facinated by it ,, it really works [for
me !!!!]
Now i am knitting a Shrug which i started at both ends at the same
time and knit on 2 circs , until they will meet in the middle !!!
mirjam

[email protected] October 13th 09 04:48 PM

Hello all!

I like the shrug idea. I heard you can do clothing from the top down.
And, I hope to try that soon. Sorry to hear you had a problem with the
needles. Some ppl I hear have an easier time with DPNs.

mirjam October 13th 09 10:59 PM

Hello all!

I try to make everything seamless , please ask if you need any help at
all
mirjam

[email protected] October 14th 09 08:34 PM

Hello all!

Hey thanks Mirjam. I will definitely give you a shout out. I am in
several groups besides this one. So, somewhere along the line, I will
ask. Even if I have to post to all. L&H Portia