CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Action figure clothes???? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=52335)

Godson June 25th 05 02:58 PM

Action figure clothes????

Hi im new to everything here, the newsgroup, sewing and sewing machines does
anyone know where I can get patterns and measurments for actionman size
clothes for my kids dolls. And is it hard iveonly made cushion covers so far
lol. thanks

--
lynn

Dawn Alguard June 27th 05 04:37 PM

Godson wrote:

Hi im new to everything here, the newsgroup, sewing and sewing machines does
anyone know where I can get patterns and measurments for actionman size
clothes for my kids dolls.

I don't know if all action figures are the same size, but if they look
like they could wear Ken clothes, some Barbie doll pattern envelopes
include Ken clothes.

Dawn

Kate Dicey June 29th 05 08:19 PM

Dawn Alguard wrote:

Godson wrote:

Hi im new to everything here, the newsgroup, sewing and sewing
machines does
anyone know where I can get patterns and measurments for actionman size
clothes for my kids dolls.

I don't know if all action figures are the same size, but if they look
like they could wear Ken clothes, some Barbie doll pattern envelopes
include Ken clothes.

Dawn

Burda's Ken size patterns DO NOT FIT Action Man - he's got too many
muscles! You have to size them up quite a bit...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Claire Owen June 30th 05 07:32 AM

"Godson" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi im new to everything here, the newsgroup, sewing and sewing machines

does
anyone know where I can get patterns and measurments for actionman size
clothes for my kids dolls. And is it hard iveonly made cushion covers so

far
lol. thanks

--
lynn

I just laid down the original clothes and cut out paper paterns that way.
Don't forget to add on the seam allowance, I also added a few extra cms to
the trousers width as the original ones were very tight and action mans legs
are somewhat sticky. Saved me having to take the trousers on and off for
little hands that were struggling.

Action man is quite obliging and will model quietly for hours without
moaning and ours didn't mind when he got a pin stuck in him either! As you
are only using scraps a few mistakes don't matter. Or you could let your
child have a go once you have the paper patterns made, a lot of my first
sewing was for Sindy and Pippa.

I made quite a few outfits for my boys Action Men, including PJ's that
matched my boys ones and Judo Kimono's, black belt of course!!

Claire in Montréal, France.
http://claireowenperso.free.fr

Dawn Alguard June 30th 05 03:17 PM

Kate Dicey wrote:

Burda's Ken size patterns DO NOT FIT Action Man - he's got too many
muscles! You have to size them up quite a bit...

Sorry, didn't realize Action Man was a specific person. I thought it
was a generic term. I guess I'm out of the toy loop these days.

Dawn

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston June 30th 05 03:29 PM

In article , Dawn Alguard of uttered

Sorry, didn't realize Action Man was a specific person. I thought it
was a generic term. I guess I'm out of the toy loop these days.

He's been around for at least 25 years.
--
AJH
no email address supplied

Dawn Alguard June 30th 05 06:15 PM

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:
In article , Dawn Alguard of uttered

Sorry, didn't realize Action Man was a specific person. I thought it
was a generic term. I guess I'm out of the toy loop these days.

He's been around for at least 25 years.

Then I apologize for posting at all. Apparently I have no excuse.

Dawn

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston June 30th 05 10:24 PM

In article , Dawn Alguard of uttered
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:
In article , Dawn Alguard of uttered

Sorry, didn't realize Action Man was a specific person. I thought
it was a generic term. I guess I'm out of the toy loop these days.

He's been around for at least 25 years.

Then I apologize for posting at all. Apparently I have no excuse.

Dawn

You certainly haven't, if you're going to get snotty about a basic bit
of information. "These days"?
--
AJH
no email address supplied

Claire Owen July 1st 05 07:31 AM

"Dawn Alguard" a écrit dans le message de news:
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:
In article , Dawn Alguard of uttered

Sorry, didn't realize Action Man was a specific person. I thought it
was a generic term. I guess I'm out of the toy loop these days.

He's been around for at least 25 years.

Then I apologize for posting at all. Apparently I have no excuse.

Dawn

It's always worth posting surely. The only stupid question is the one you
don't ask.
If you don't ask you'll never know. If I don't know I ask, I'll only look
more stupid later when I am found out for pretending to know when I don't.
Why is this disintergrating into a sniping match?