start a new one until those are done. I'm 1/3 of the way through one of
those projects keep me motivated!

Sandra

JiminyCricket January 12th 05 12:58 PM

You can do it! Last year I completed 5 or 6 projects in various stages of
being WIPs -- and framed all but one! I also finished 4 sweaters (knitting
and crocheting). I had accumulated/created a huge stage of WIPs -- and
business didn't look good & $$ was pretty tightly rationed... so I told
myself I'd finish up stuff and RESIST the urge to buy more and more and more
(did pretty good on the buying except for beads & floss needed to finish
needlework & yarn-yarn-yarn on sale). I didn't do as good on the pledge to
not start anything new... but I only started projects that I had all the
materials for AND I actually dissassembled 2 sweaters that were miles too
large or just plain icky -- one of them is the body tube for a sweater
knitted in the round :) -- next... sleeves!!

wrote in message
I generally don't make any New Year resolutions, but this year I'm making

an
exception. My resolution is to complete at three old projects! And NOT

Leigh Harris January 12th 05 02:28 PM

How's this for motivation? I started to cross stitch a teddy bear alphabet
for someone's 3rd birthday. Gave up on that idea as it would never get done
in time (she got something else as a present). Decided to finish and keep it
for my own kids. They never came, so I decided to just keep it for myself as
I love teddies. After all that, I had it not quite finished off for quite
some time. On Monday, I finally put a border and backing on it and turned it
into a wallhanging. I also did the same with a small companion piece that
went with it. They are finally finished and up on my wall.

By the way, that three year old will turn 15 this year! :-)

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

wrote