CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Picture of the Sweater (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=77796)

Shillelagh November 18th 06 11:36 PM

Picture of the Sweater

I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!) I can't
decide if I need a course on using my digital camera or if I need new
batteries. I'm not happy with how the colour shows up. It's close, but a
bit more blue in real life. The shade is a denim blue. Anyhow, click on
the link, then click on "next" to see all 4 pics. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/ye2b84

Now that it's finished I can concentrate on the Candle Flame Shawl for my
sister.

Shelagh

R. Bledsoe November 19th 06 12:15 AM

Picture of the Sweater

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!) I
can't
decide if I need a course on using my digital camera or if I need new
batteries. I'm not happy with how the colour shows up. It's close, but a
bit more blue in real life. The shade is a denim blue. Anyhow, click on
the link, then click on "next" to see all 4 pics. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/ye2b84

Now that it's finished I can concentrate on the Candle Flame Shawl for my
sister.

Shelagh

Absolutely beautiful. Is the ridge going the length of the sleeve 'knit
through back loop'?
And the narrow border above the cable ribbing - is that a seed stitch (k2,
p2)?

(I just found this group!)

Rita

Vintage Purls November 19th 06 12:43 AM

Picture of the Sweater

Shillelagh wrote:
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!)

Oooh, very nice. I especially like the pattern up the sleeves - very
effective.

VP

DAB November 19th 06 01:03 AM

Picture of the Sweater

Shillelagh wrote:
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!)
I can't decide if I need a course on using my digital camera or if I
need new batteries. I'm not happy with how the colour shows up.
It's close, but a bit more blue in real life. The shade is a denim
blue. Anyhow, click on the link, then click on "next" to see all 4
pics. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/ye2b84

Now that it's finished I can concentrate on the Candle Flame Shawl
for my sister.

Shelagh

Beautiful...love the trees and cables.

Donna

hesira November 19th 06 01:36 AM

Picture of the Sweater

How pretty! What a lucky granddaughter you have. I also enjoyed the
picture with your little friend in it!

Hesira

Olwyn Mary November 19th 06 02:16 AM

Picture of the Sweater

Shillelagh wrote:
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!) I can't
decide if I need a course on using my digital camera or if I need new
batteries. I'm not happy with how the colour shows up. It's close, but a
bit more blue in real life. The shade is a denim blue. Anyhow, click on
the link, then click on "next" to see all 4 pics. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/ye2b84

Now that it's finished I can concentrate on the Candle Flame Shawl for my
sister.

Shelagh

That is absolutely GORGEOUS. Did you use any naughty words doing that
complicated front? It sure doesn't look like the kind of thing you can
knit during committee meetings or in front of the tv.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

DA November 19th 06 02:57 AM

Picture of the Sweater

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!) I
can't
decide if I need a course on using my digital camera or if I need new
batteries. I'm not happy with how the colour shows up. It's close, but a
bit more blue in real life. The shade is a denim blue. Anyhow, click on
the link, then click on "next" to see all 4 pics. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/ye2b84

Now that it's finished I can concentrate on the Candle Flame Shawl for my
sister.

Shelagh

Beautiful work, the use of the cable to frame the tree of life is a
fantastic addition, also the use of cable ribbing.
DA

BB November 19th 06 03:58 AM

Picture of the Sweater

Great looking sweater! Nice use of cables and trees, both are things
I'm fond of :) I really like the sleeve design.

BB

Shillelagh November 19th 06 05:12 AM

Picture of the Sweater

"R. Bledsoe" wrote in message
Absolutely beautiful. Is the ridge going the length of the sleeve 'knit
through back loop'?

It's "slip the stitch knitways" on the RS
Then purl through the back loop on the WS

And the narrow border above the cable ribbing - is that a seed stitch (k2,
p2)?

No - it was knit every row (3 or 4 rows)

(I just found this group!)

Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it - they're a great bunch of people - from
everywhere in the world. I'm in Canada, along with a few others, Mirjam's
in Israel, quite a few from the U.S., we have some in the Scandenavian
countries, and one or two in Italy - I'm sure I've missed some - but you get
the idea.

Shelagh

Rita