CraftBanter

-   General Crafting (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Storing embroidery threads...help!! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=15498)

WONDER WOMAN September 17th 03 04:43 PM

Storing embroidery threads...help!!

linzi September 19th 03 01:31 PM

Philip Edward Lewis wrote in message .edu...
(WONDER WOMAN) writes:
Go to walmart and look in the cross stitch section..there you will find
what i call tread cards.(forget what they call them) anyway also get

thread bobbins...

look in the dollar store...
I've found craft boxes with thread bobbins there on numerous
occations.
(bobbins go to my wife.... boxes get my hobby and craft stuff ;)

thanx for your help ..but im in scotland uk and im not to sure what
walmart is ? but i think i get the idea fingers crossed eh ? :)

Cheryl Isaak September 19th 03 01:47 PM

On 9/19/03 8:31 AM, in article
, "linzi"

(WONDER WOMAN) writes:
Go to walmart and look in the cross stitch section..there you will find
what i call tread cards.(forget what they call them) anyway also get

thread bobbins...

look in the dollar store...
I've found craft boxes with thread bobbins there on numerous
occations.
(bobbins go to my wife.... boxes get my hobby and craft stuff ;)

thanx for your help ..but im in scotland uk and im not to sure what
walmart is ? but i think i get the idea fingers crossed eh ? :)

Do you have the smaller "snack" size ziploc baggies there? They work great -
room for multiple skeins and I use one for each color.
Not a fan of bobbins - more work in my mind.
Cheryl

CatIndy September 20th 03 05:32 AM

http://www.nordicneedle.com/Merchant...Y&Store_Code=N
N&Category_Code=E25-00-00

Serial # 19781010 September 22nd 03 06:25 AM

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:44:48 -0400 (EDT),
(WONDER WOMAN) wrote:

after you read my other post..if you don't understand it let me know..i

forgot o hit the spell checker...LOL

In England and Scotland you should be able to get there boxes and
thread cards from any haberdashery store or at least one that sells
embroidery thread. The boxed are about 12" x 8" and divided into
sections like dh uses for screws etc. The arden are sold separately
and sometimes you can get a little winder tha sits on the side of the
box to make life easier!
Hope this helps!

teleflora September 23rd 03 04:52 PM

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

Do you have the smaller "snack" size ziploc baggies there? They work

great -
room for multiple skeins and I use one for each color.
Not a fan of bobbins - more work in my mind.
Cheryl

Yeah, I think it's more work too. I have what seems like thousands of
colors and what I just got done doing was to take a 4"binder notebook and
fill it with the pocketed sheets that holds business cards. There are 10
pockets on each sheet. I cut index cards to fit in each pocket, so that
using the front and back of each sheet, they each hold 20 colors. I had the
stickers with all of the DMC numbers on them and I stuck that one the front
of each pocket. I just stuff each color in the corresponding pocket. I had
some colors on bobbins and I just stuck them in the pockets as they were.
The whole skeins that were in bags I just folded in half and stuffed them
in. I got the notebook and the business card protectors at an office supply
store. Half way into this project, someone, somewhere, mentioned pages that
hold photo slides. That would have been an option as well.
It was a little bit of work in the beginning, but now ALL of my floss is in
one place. I did the ziplock thing, but couldn't keep them in order in the
shoebox. Slippery little bags. And I had way too many for the rings. So
far, this has worked out well for me.

Hope this helps,
Cindy

Cheryl Isaak September 23rd 03 08:32 PM

On 9/23/03 11:52 AM, in article ,
"teleflora" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

Do you have the smaller "snack" size ziploc baggies there? They work

great -
room for multiple skeins and I use one for each color.
Not a fan of bobbins - more work in my mind.

It was a little bit of work in the beginning, but now ALL of my floss is in
one place. I did the ziplock thing, but couldn't keep them in order in the
shoebox. Slippery little bags. And I had way too many for the rings. So
far, this has worked out well for me.

Hope this helps,
Cindy

Mine are in the little bags on rings - in numerical order about 50-60 to a
ring. Each ring will have a hook inside my closet. I really needed to
organize myself so I didn't keep buying what I already had!
Cheryl