CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   knitting crocheting for so many years , may be (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=106581)

mirjam December 15th 09 12:40 PM

knitting crocheting for so many years , may be

From timer to time as i look at the many knitted and crocheted things,
i made and use , or my family uses, and than i remember things i made
for presents i wonder how big would the surface be if i laid all those
things side by side ????
Just a thought , that passes my mind sometimes ,,,,,
Anyone else had similar thoughts ?
mirjam

SpikeDriver December 15th 09 07:34 PM

knitting crocheting for so many years , may be

On 12/15/2009 6:40 AM, mirjam wrote:
From timer to time as i look at the many knitted and crocheted things,
i made and use , or my family uses, and than i remember things i made
for presents i wonder how big would the surface be if i laid all those
things side by side ????
Just a thought , that passes my mind sometimes ,,,,,
Anyone else had similar thoughts ?
mirjam

Mirjam,

So sweet, Gail and I have had the same thought and a penny for every
stitch I have crocheted or knitted. I have not knitted or crocheted as
long as you but I am approaching 30 year of knitting and longer that for
crochet. It has almost been 45 years.

Do you thing you could cover one acre Mirjam?n An acre is about 4,046
square meters.

Dennis

mirjam December 16th 09 06:13 AM

knitting crocheting for so many years , may be

So sweet, Gail and I have had the same thought and a penny for every
stitch I have crocheted or knitted. *I have not knitted or crocheted as
long as you but I am approaching 30 year of knitting and longer that for
crochet. *It has almost been 45 years.

Do you thing you could cover one acre Mirjam?n *An acre is about 4,046
square meters.

Dennis

Thank you Dennis ,,,
Yes i think i can cover that much
after all i knit now over 60 years [ shhh don`t tell ] i decided to
count all my works in my work copybooks , it would be
interesting ,,,,, and i only strated those in my 20 ,, by which time i
was already a regular knitter.
mirjam

SpikeDriver December 16th 09 07:15 AM

On 12/16/2009 12:13 AM, mirjam wrote:

So sweet, Gail and I have had the same thought and a penny for every
stitch I have crocheted or knitted. I have not knitted or crocheted as
long as you but I am approaching 30 year of knitting and longer that for
crochet. It has almost been 45 years.

Do you thing you could cover one acre Mirjam?n An acre is about 4,046
square meters.

Dennis

Thank you Dennis ,,,
Yes i think i can cover that much
after all i knit now over 60 years [ shhh don`t tell ] i decided to
count all my works in my work copybooks , it would be
interesting ,,,,, and i only strated those in my 20 ,, by which time i
was already a regular knitter.
mirjam

Mirjam,

That is one thing I still do not do very faithfully is keep my journal
up. I preach it constantly to every one else, maybe someday I will do
what I preach. The notes make to so easy to go back and work something.
What gauge did use, what weight of yarn will give the right gauge with
this this size 8 needle. If you had a journal you might have that info.
What size sock did I knit for my sister?

It is so important to keep a journal faithfully. Then why don't you do
it Dennis!

I bet you could easily cover an acre!

Dennis