CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Steam Iron (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=100872)

Faye February 7th 09 07:22 PM

Steam Iron

Hi,

Anyone have a recommendation on a steam iron. My daughter doesn't
like hers and I haven't bought one in a long time.

Thanks in advance.

Kay Lancaster February 8th 09 03:42 AM

Steam Iron

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 11:22:47 -0800 (PST), Faye wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation on a steam iron. My daughter doesn't
like hers and I haven't bought one in a long time.

I use a Black and Decker Classic for dirty jobs like fusing interfacing
or pressing starched fabric -- I can clean the soleplate with an SOS pad.
$30, no auto off (I hate auto-off!).

I use a (now discontinued) steam generator iron for pressing and general
ironing. When it goes, I'm intending to replace it with a gravity iron
like a Sussman ($$$$).

Kay