CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Knitting Machine (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=85920)

harrowwoman August 1st 07 03:31 PM

Knitting Machine

Hi All,
I am new here. Been a knitter for years, mostly for the children when
they were smaller. I got my one and only knitting machine in 1983-
thats long gone.
The grankids are now around so I want to start off and knit again. I
am looking for a second hand machine. Perhaps someone has one they
want to sell? Or can point me in the right direction?
Thanx
Sandy

[email protected][_2_] August 1st 07 04:00 PM

Knitting Machine

On Aug 1, 9:31 am, harrowwoman wrote:
Hi All,
I am new here. Been a knitter for years, mostly for the children when
they were smaller. I got my one and only knitting machine in 1983-
thats long gone.
The grankids are now around so I want to start off and knit again. I
am looking for a second hand machine. Perhaps someone has one they
want to sell? Or can point me in the right direction?
Thanx
Sandy

It would help to know where you are...

Stella Fenley August 1st 07 05:09 PM

Knitting Machine

Send e-mail to
she is a knitting machine dealer.Knitting Machines Unlimited
Her number is 1-352-759-2513,
her name: Jeanne Bimstein
55616 Lee St.
Astor,Florida 32102

Stella

ups.com...

harrowwoman August 1st 07 06:10 PM

Knitting Machine

Well, that's just typical of ME...not really bothering to look where
this group is. Here I am in Harrow, Middlesex UNITED KINGDOM no less-I
mean just how much water is there between here and the USA?
I still want to stay in this group though as I am sure there will be
lots of hints,tips and patterns to swop once I do get my machine!
A knitting pattern is the same here or there I suppose.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Sandy

Shillelagh August 1st 07 06:53 PM

Knitting Machine

"harrowwoman" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, that's just typical of ME...not really bothering to look where
this group is. Here I am in Harrow, Middlesex UNITED KINGDOM no less-I
mean just how much water is there between here and the USA?

Sandy, there are people on this group from Canada, Israel, Australia, the
U.K.
and New Zealand, just to name a few of the other countries represented here.

Shelagh

Stella Fenley August 1st 07 08:57 PM

Knitting Machine

You could send Astor lady an e-mail and she can refer you to someone in your
area ,if you don't want it shipped over the waters.Stella

harrowwoman August 1st 07 09:32 PM

Knitting Machine

On Aug 1, 8:57 pm, "Stella Fenley" wrote:
You could send Astor lady an e-mail and she can refer you to someone in your
area ,if you don't want it shipped over the waters.Stella"harrowwoman" wrote in message

ups.com...

Well, that's just typical of ME...not really bothering to look where
this group is. Here I am in Harrow, Middlesex UNITED KINGDOM no less-I
mean just how much water is there between here and the USA?
I still want to stay in this group though as I am sure there will be
lots of hints,tips and patterns to swop once I do get my machine!
A knitting pattern is the same here or there I suppose.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Sandy- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Stella. I have been in touch with a lady about 60 miles from me
who has a Brother to give away absolutely FREE-how cheap is that? I
have asked for the model number and a photo just to make sure its
worth the trip.
Will let you know what happens.
Sandy

Shirley Shone August 1st 07 09:38 PM

Knitting Machine

In message . com,
harrowwoman writes
Hi All,
I am new here. Been a knitter for years, mostly for the children when
they were smaller. I got my one and only knitting machine in 1983-
thats long gone.
The grankids are now around so I want to start off and knit again. I
am looking for a second hand machine. Perhaps someone has one they
want to sell? Or can point me in the right direction?
Thanx
Sandy

There quite a few on Ebay for sale.
--