CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Colors (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=93769)

[email protected] March 24th 08 03:58 AM

Colors

Dennis was intersted in Hesira`s work with colors ,, and i suggested
that we could all discuss it here .

Colors are a natural gift, but the way we see colors is partly
influencedby by the health of our eyes and genetics , while our
reaction to ceratain colors might be influenced by our culture [and a
lot of times by economy].
Some cultures regard black as a SAD cvolor , some think White is the
sad color.

I personally think and feel that colors `TALK ` to me. I am facinated
by Multy colored objects , threads and cloth, i preffer them over
monochromatic things.

If asked what my favorite color is i would not really know i have some
favorites , but they might change, with seasons, or moods.

I learned that in fiber one color influences it`s neighbours, in
weaving , knitting crochet. I have learned that i have to really LOOK
at a color to absorb it to hear it`s voice , to see how we can WORK
TOGETHER ,,,,
mirjam

spike April 1st 08 11:45 AM

Colors

Mirjam,

Sorry it took so long to answer.

I feel the same way about colors, the time that I am in changes my
favorite color.

I ask Gail many times what colors I shold use on a project, 70% or more
I go by her advice. She can quote the color wheel to you by memory
almost, that is a big help some times.

Yes, color can talk, it can make a strong statement, sometimes over the
edge.
Dennis

[email protected] April 2nd 08 05:39 AM

Colors

It is OK Dennis , we aren`t in any hurry , colors are something that
are always with us.
I have Always liked Varigated threads , both in knitting and in
embroidery,
When i am not sure about an effect i roll some threads on a Ruler and
look at it ,,, from near by and afar ,,, until i feel it is OK ,
For me some colors also carry historical memories, and i found myself
`working` with those colors as a kind of Terminology in my fiberart.
Until my 50th i never wore Jeans now i think it is a very suitable
color for me to wear , but i don`t wear it in pants, but in skirts and
shirts. It is partly of course , because our minds get USED to see a
color, and than either hate it or like it.
When i started weaving my weaving teacher told me to try and work with
color combinations which i didn`t like , so that my mind will make
more efforts to come up with patterns ,, he was right , Color
combinations that we like ,, we use Automaticly, and stop thinking
about how we used them .
mirjam