CraftBanter

-   -   Anyone here still? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139482)

Janner February 7th 15 03:30 PM

Anyone here still?

Just asking, to see if anyone is here still? That hasn't come over to
the dark side ;) yet ...

Over there they are currently collecting up info for the new Directory
if you're interested.

Janner

France

Bobbie Sews More February 7th 15 04:11 PM

Anyone here still?

"Janner" wrote in message ...

Just asking, to see if anyone is here still? That hasn't come over to
the dark side ;) yet ...

Over there they are currently collecting up info for the new Directory
if you're interested.

Janner

France

I'm still here and read every day and try to post a short post to most
things. But haven't been sewing or quilting because of a friend's very sick
dog I have been helping with. And I have company coming in tomorrow for a
week. Just a very busy time for me!
Barbara in Florida

[email protected] February 7th 15 04:58 PM

Anyone here still?

I am still here, too, but the email attached to these posts from me is not the addy I like to use. The correct email is still .

Sorry, won't go to Facebook. Guess that leaves me out of a lot of the group. Too bad for them. I say we have a fun time on this access!

Ginger in CA
waiting for the rain....

On Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 7:11:38 AM UTC-8, Bobbie Sews More wrote:
"Janner" wrote in message ...

Just asking, to see if anyone is here still? That hasn't come over to
the dark side ;) yet ...

Over there they are currently collecting up info for the new Directory
if you're interested.

Janner

France

I'm still here and read every day and try to post a short post to most
things. But haven't been sewing or quilting because of a friend's very sick
dog I have been helping with. And I have company coming in tomorrow for a
week. Just a very busy time for me!
Barbara in Florida

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Pat on the Green February 7th 15 06:16 PM

Anyone here still?

I completely agree Ginger!
Thanks for giving us a more convenient e-mail address, just in case
someone needs to use it.
I am sewing just now, but I decided at Christmas that I would try to get
down to the pile of alterations and new makes in the dressmaking part of
my sewing cupboard! So, no new makes, but lots of alterations done.
Another pair of trousers will be finished, hopefully, tomorrow.
Amazingly, I found a really long pair, and am having to shorten them.
Little more complex than usual as they are fully lined!
All the best to everyone over here.
..
.

Louise in Iowa[_4_] February 7th 15 10:51 PM

Anyone here still?

I'm here, too - just very quiet. I check in every day or three but just
haven't had anything of interest to write about! I was on the FB group
for a while, but decided it just wasn't for me any more, so I'm relying
more on my local quilting friends for inspiration and quilty
discussions! It's been fun!

I've been working at a LQS for a little over a year now - just work two
days a week as a rule - and I really enjoy it. It's so much fun getting
to play with fabric (a lot of which has made its way home with me!) all
the time.

The other days of the week I spend primarily at the quilting machine. I
pick up a little more business every year, and it's all word of mouth
(because I don't have an advertising budget!).

It's good to "see" everyone who's still here. Even though I know this
group isn't as private as the FB one, I still like it better!

Louise in Iowa

NightMist February 8th 15 07:10 PM

Anyone here still?

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 15:30:15 +0100, Janner wrote:

Just asking, to see if anyone is here still? That hasn't come over to
the dark side ;) yet ...

Over there they are currently collecting up info for the new Directory
if you're interested.

yep I am still here!

Still fussing with health issues. I just went in to my primary for a
check up. I happened to have a cold, and she decided I had pneumonia. I
am pretty sure it is just a cold, but I took the x-ray, and the pile of
drugs anyway. DH tends to threaten to tie me up and put me to bed if I
scoff over much at a diagnosis these days.

Since my sewing room tends to be a bit chilly I am back to knitting
again.the grandson loved a couple of toys I knit him to death, so I have
to remake them for him.
Ruby bear: http://www.premieryarns.com/product/...t+Pattern.aspx
who I will be doing with a triple strand comprised of Premier Merry in
the color "red globes", Bernat Boa in "santa suit" from the holidays
line, and a strand of number 10 scarlet crochet cotton. The cotton sort
of draws it together for a closer knit fabric (important in stuffed
animals) and keeps it from being too stretchy (also important in stuffed
animals). I have combined Premier and Bernat eyelash yarns in projects
before and the effect is awesome. You see the "lashes" in the Premier
yarn are about twice as long as those in the Bernat. so you get a "dual
coated" effect. Why yes our lad is super fond of red! (G) He also
really really likes the button joints on Ruby Bear. The last one I made
the buttons myself with a needle, a spare bit of wool, and a button
stick. (as for a dorset button, only wrapping the thread around the stick
several times to use for a ring) Really, it is a very easy thing to do,
and if you make things that require buttons for very small children, or
anyone with pica I highly recommend it. I shall probably use the
scarlet crochet cotton to make the buttons for Ruby Bear mk II.
At present I am working on Tall Tiger.
http://www.browneyedbabsknits.com/tall-tiger.html
Why yes he does bear a strong resemblance to a famous tiger from print
media.
Also, yes this pattern is a bit of a pain in the backside. I strongly
suggest that anyone attempting it read each line of instruction more than
once to make certain you know what she is saying. It comes out
beautifully once you have it sussed out. This go round I am doing it in
Caron simply soft (the regular is closer to DK than to worsted weight)
using "pumpkin" for my orange. Last time I was using Bernat satin sport
which I had got on sale, and the orange was too melon colored for a
proper tiger. I am also hoping that the heavier yarn will make Hobbes
live a little longer. Test swatches and previous use show that this yarn
is less stretchy than many others, and since the pattern calls for double
stranding the fabric comes out very closely knit, so I don't feel the
need to brace it with a strand of cotton.

I am waiting for the spring shearing, and the arrival thereafter of my
reserved fleeces.
An elderly lady of my acquaintance (her family and my grandparents were
close) is making noises about giving me her loom. If she starts to sound
very serious I shall start to panic for it is an heirloom and a proper
counterbalance loom. A very large responsibility on several fronts. To
say nothing of the fact that it would pretty much need it's own room.

I am hoping to either get a new space heater, or that the doctor decides
it is just a cold so I can get back to sewing.

Have to get this year's garden starts going in the next few weeks too.

NightMist
never on facebook

Shirley February 8th 15 08:11 PM

Anyone here still?

On 07/02/2015 15:58, wrote:
I am still here, too, but the email attached to these posts from me is
not the addy I like to use. The correct email is still
.

Sorry, won't go to Facebook. Guess that leaves me out of a lot of the
group. Too bad for them. I say we have a fun time on this access!

Ginger in CA
waiting for the rain....

I still look in every day.
Not doing any sewing as such but still trying to ply the needle with
bead work.
Alas I have cataracts forming but not ready for removal so I can only
work with the beads for a short time before my right eye blurs.

I am not on face book either.
Hugs
Shirley

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

[email protected] February 10th 15 12:43 AM

Anyone here still?

I am still around and pop in from time to time. I havent gone to FB, but really miss 'the old days' when there was lots of postings
I am still quilting although recently made 14 fishing reel covers for DH Neoprene ones retail for $15-20. I used some heavy knit fabric, doubled in some spots but obviously lots of money that I could then use it for quilting supplies, a win win sitiation

Dreamweaver[_2_] April 10th 15 03:07 AM

Anyone here still?

"Janner" wrote in message ...

Just asking, to see if anyone is here still? That hasn't come over to
the dark side ;) yet ...

Over there they are currently collecting up info for the new Directory
if you're interested.

Janner

France

I'm still here and read every day and try to post a short post to most
things. But haven't been sewing or quilting because of a friend's very sick
dog I have been helping with. And I have company coming in tomorrow for a
week. Just a very busy time for me!
Barbara in Florida

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Ginger, Janner! Hi! Ginger, how are you? I'm going to try and come back more. Maybe I can persuade the others to stop in more often too. Btw, my current email is [remove spaces, etc.] jj alma redman at outlook dot com.