CraftBanter

-   -   Towels in place of Batting? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=24525)

Jill Pochik September 9th 03 02:56 PM

Towels in place of Batting?

Do you think it would be possible to use old towels in place of batting
in my animal quilts? Has anyone done this?
I guess they would wash and dry well.
Thanks for any help.
Jill

Critter Comforts: Quilts for Homeless Animals
http://community.webtv.net/critterco...ritterComforts

MerryStahel September 9th 03 03:27 PM

Jill - I've used towels as batting in the coasters - they wash well and sop up
water well.

I made those elasticized hair towels out of new towels and used the leftovers
as batting for the coasters.

BTW, folk - a quick gift is to make those elasticized hair towels...you can
make one out of the nice white towels at WalMart that cost $1.50 on sale...its
cheaper and better quality than the terry fabric I kept finding in the fabric
stores.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel