CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Old sweaters make nice Felt (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=108871)

mirjam May 20th 10 12:09 PM

Old sweaters make nice Felt

Do you know that old sweaters waqshed with the towels make wonderful
colorful one of a kind felt
mirjam

King's Crown[_3_] May 21st 10 02:00 AM

Old sweaters make nice Felt

"mirjam" wrote in message
Do you know that old sweaters waqshed with the towels make wonderful
colorful one of a kind felt
mirjam

I've been wanting to do this... I have a friend that buys old wool sweaters
from the thrift store. She felts them and then turns them into purses or
bags.

Lynne

mirjam May 21st 10 05:43 AM

Old sweaters make nice Felt

I've been wanting to do this... I have a friend that buys old wool sweaters
from the thrift store. *She felts them and then turns them into purses or
bags.

Lynne

Lynne , everyone can do it !!! my first ones happened by mistake , i
didn`t see a sweater that hid amongst some towels in the dirty clothes
bin...... it was a green sweater with Braids,,,,, after crying my eyes
out , i decided that i will use this , and cut a front of a vest ,
knitted the back and used the braids [which became relief braids ] for
embroidery and adding beads ..
If you make bags i advise to add a lining [ one can use old shirts or
any oldclothing you have ,,
mirjam

[email protected] May 21st 10 10:50 AM

Old sweaters make nice Felt

Funny thing how great minds think alike. I was just researching some
slipper patterns on the web yesterday and came across the Martha
Stewart site that had one I liked. It had been my plan to recycle
some old sweaters and such to make some for the fall. I thought
perhaps some mittens might come out of it as well.

mirjam May 21st 10 02:30 PM

Old sweaters make nice Felt

On May 21, 12:50*pm, " wrote:
Funny thing how great minds think alike. *I was just researching some
slipper patterns on the web yesterday and came across the Martha
Stewart site that had one I liked. *It had been my plan to recycle
some old sweaters and such to make some for the fall. *I thought
perhaps some mittens might come out of it as well.

Hallo Farrant
Yes Yes make the slippers [ But don`t Forget to make Non Slippery
Soles ,,,,
and mittens as well ,
Non slippery soles can be made from recycled Nylon stockings =tights,
ropes , cut old leather bag etc,,,
mirjam