CraftBanter

-   Doll Houses (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2 amp transformer query (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=53965)

Jackie T July 23rd 05 11:53 AM

2 amp transformer query

Thanks for all the help with dolls' clothing, now for my next question:

I've been studying the different lighting options for a complete newcomer to
the hobby & have decided to go for twin wire with a power strip &
transformer.

I want to run about 24 bulbs (not fittings), so think I need a 2 amp
transformer. Is this right? I know it depends on the individual bulb output,
but let's say 'average' (??) bulb size.

Also with this size of transformer should I balance everything out over 2
separate power strips, or would one OK?
Jackie